Orefield, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 29, 2014
I am a recent graduate of this school and I was happy to get out of there. This school is going downhill. One of the mothers is running the school and not much of the priests are seen. The curriculum is not very good after around 3rd grade. I was a very advanced child and felt as though I was held back from prospering. Money is definitely wasted of frivolous things. That money should be used to further the education and quality of the teachers. The theology department was great especially Mrs. Grace. She was one of the best teachers at that school. Despite the advertisement that the school's population is growing it is dropping at a steady rate. My family has since moved on to another catholic school in the area and has been enormously pleased. Also now that we have left the school, mothers have treated my mom in ways that make me feel disgusted that I am a graduate. Although most are very nice, some of the mom's made my mom feel as though she does not want to return even to go to church. Please I urge you to look deeper into this school and talk to parents of children of ALL different ages before sending your children here. Please change this school back to how it used to be.

St Joseph The Worker School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
St. Joseph the Worker school, in Orefield PA, is a really good school, overall. Like any school, there are all types of teachers, administrators, students and parents. You may hear of conflicts between children or between parents and staff. Again, like any school, or any organization with so many peoplel, that happens. But communication and involvement with your school helps reduce any bad endings that would otherwise happen if you don't talk. Our child has been attending this school since 2009 and is doing very well. The staff does its best to observe a childs progress and make recommendations to the parents. As a parent, it is your duty to listen openly to those recommendations. In our case, we listened and only in a couple of cases did we not go with what was recommended. But the staff was open to our views and we worked together for our childs sake. It's been a good experience. The best thing to do is get involved with school activities in any manner your schedule allows. Even if it's just counting tickets for a raffle. If your child sees that you are involved in their school, even if they go to a public one, they will naturally do better in school.

Posted March 27, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at St, Joe's but we have been members of the parish for many years now. I am so pleased with her progress! She can read pretty much any book on her age level she picks up, she is excited to go to school each day and loves math and science. They have a special class like art, music, math, library, computer, and spanish every day of the week. Having gone through Catholic school myself I thought I would be able to teach her a lot about her religion however, there is no way I would be able to teach her what St. Joe's does about her faith. The discipline in the classroom is strong but kind and I am in constant communication with her teacher. I could go on and on but I know for certain, having taught in public schools, there is no comparison.

Posted March 19, 2013
We highly recommend St. Joseph the Worker School. Our children have grown academically, spiritually and socially under the guidance of an incredible teaching staff! They are challenged every day and all in a faith-based atmosphere with a curriculum that also brings in our spirituality. The teachers focus not only on education but also on the individual students. It is an intimate setting that welcomes families to get involved and participate as a community within St. Joe's. The facility is new, clean and well-kept. The Middle School program and the teachers are top notch! Middle School is well organized and effectively run by an outstanding group of teachers. We feel that our children are being groomed to become the best individuals they can be with a sense of responsibility, respect and a great understanding of who they are and their deep rooted faith in God. The church is located across the street, making it easy and safe to attend Mass, Adoration and Stations of the Cross. We feel very blessed to have our children attend St. Joseph the Worker School and Church.

Posted January 30, 2013
We recently moved back to the US after living abroad for over a decade. St. Joseph's has provided a caring and academic environment for my boys. They are being challenged and help accountable. Values are backed up by the Bible...there is a genuine sense of self responsibility and service to the community. Thanks St. Joseph's!

Posted January 29, 2013
Apparently the school has discovered these review sites and is now posting phony reviews, the recent posting content is copied verbatim from the school brochure in wording and punctuation. Such a forum to express honest views had also now been corrupted. Assume will be seeing more of the same in the future.

Posted January 28, 2013
As a former parent at St. Joseph the Worker School, I can attest to the high quality of education, the dedication of the teachers and staff, and the personal interest the principal has in her students. My child was well prepared for high school.

Posted January 25, 2013
St. Joseph the Worker School is a wonderful place where it is evident that Jesus is the center of the school. The school also has high academic standards and follows the Diocesan and National Standards for Education. The teachers are very caring and work with the children helping them to develop to their greatest developmental potential! I have two children there and I am proud they attend St. Joseph the Worker School. It melts my heart to see my children at Mass and Eucharistic Adoration, learning and growing in their Catholic Faith! I would recommend this school to all who would like their child to be rooted in faith, academics, service, and community. God Bless!

Posted December 24, 2012
Lack of communication is evident between teachers, principle and pastor. Overall, the school is not what it used to be. Also, many staff members simply are not nice. The administration wastes a lot of money on things that really do not matter instead of investing in educating students in the core curriculum. Would not recommend this school unless major changes take place.

Posted April 15, 2011
The School makes a great first impression, However after sending my children there for 5 years now, come to find out that the Leadership is to be questioned. Msgr. and the Principal have Lied to my family and we have made the decision to pull our children. The Preschool is great, however make sure you look at other schools too... St Jose's student body over the years was up to +/-450, and now around 375.. Beware of first impressions, and take a look at other schools before making your decision. My wife and I are now much better and know we have made the right decision to pull the Kids...

St Joseph The Worker School
1858 Applewood Drive, Orefield, PA  18069
Last modified St Joseph The Worker School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph The Worker School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top