Orefield, PA
Students enrolled: 1,149

Posted May 06, 2014
Excellent school, my kid loves the school. Excellent regular and gifted programs too. Teachers are very supportive of their students.

Posted April 04, 2013
Mr. Gombos is a great principal because he is visible and returns our phone calls immediately. The staff is amazingly caring and dedicated. We missed Mr. Troutman but are quite pleased with Mr. Gombos's leadership. In fact we were so happy we picked OMS over SMS. The people are personable and ironically we were at SMS for one year. We are happy with our children's education at OMS. It's much more realistic and grounded and not as pretentious as the administration and teachers at SMS.

Orefield Middle School 1

Posted August 21, 2009
This school is making me very unhappy. I think that Springhouse Middle School is a far better school than this.

Posted February 03, 2009

Orefield Middle School 4

Posted September 28, 2005
Both of my kids attend OMS- I have been very impressed with the school and the staff since the very beginning.The opportunities for the kidsa re great and the staff are empathic and professional

Orefield Middle School 4

Posted July 30, 2005
My son enjoyed his first year at OMS. His teachers were organized, energetic and provided good feedback. I saw an efforts to keep my son challenged & engaged although there were a wide range of abilities in his classroom. School homework policy is 10 minutes per grade level. My son had little homework as he usu. completed it in activity period but other parents indicated the kids had up to 1 hour+ a night. In the 7th & 8th grade the kids may take more challenging versions of many classes based on their interest & abilities. The 6th grade is located in a separate part of the building from the 7th & 8th which helps the kids adjust to the transition. The school was renovated just a few years ago (former high school) so everything is fairly new. The PTO is active & provides some fun extras.

Posted February 23, 2004

Orefield Middle School
2675 Pa Route 309, Orefield, PA  18069
Last modified Orefield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orefield Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top