124 students|Infinity Cs

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

In the lower grades they aren't given homework, but in middle school they are deluged with classwork and homework. A little bit more balance would be great.

All three of my children attend ICS, and have since Kindergarten. They all love it and do not want to go to a "regular" high school because they are afraid it will be too boring. They are consistently challenged at ICS, and they appreciate that. They believe that all schools should adopt the ICS model as it would be better for learning at your own pace instead of the pace of the slowest learner in the class. My only complaint or negative with the school is that in K-5 there is no homework given, but in 6th they are almost overwhelmed with classwork and homework. So if there could be a little bit of a balance, that would be great. I can't say enough good things about ICS, and I always refer any new mother I meet to their website to see if it would be good for their kids. The staff are all incredible, and truly care about the success of their students. THANK YOU to ICS for helping my kids get off to a great start.

The school feels more like a social club to my child than a school that serves gifted children. Granted they do ability grouping and teach at a level that challenges the children and keeps them learning, there is no real opportunity for athletics and the arts. Not to mention that the other children (most of whom are bright but not gifted) are extroverts who don't understand my child and tend to ostracized the poor kid mainly for being an introvert who possesses characteristics of a highly gifted child. At this point I am sorely disappointed because I was hoping for a welcoming environment where they understood my child. Maybe we're more suited for regular public school with a pullout gifted program (?).

I am new to this school and I am worring a little about this.My son was enrolled not by the lottery but by the waiting list.I am happy but at the same time nervous.He went to Christian Academy Private school for his kindergarten year and I was not satisfied-teacherhis ,Ms.Martin, didnt teach him anything extra even though he went there with the 1st grade knowledge-reading,counting,general knoledge in history,geography,they learnt how to write in script though through the school year which is really cool, but it was not enough for my son.He was bored all the time getting misbehavior notes,which was very upsetting for me.That is why I decided to try a new school-Ithis time Infinity.I hope it would be a wonderful year for my son there, and I will definitely keep you posted further.Good luck for every parent out there looking for a better school.Hopefully our efforts will pay off in future.

As a student who currently attends ICS, I will give you the facts and only the facts. Only send your kid here if you are looking for the education, not the art and music program. My 6th grade teacher was okay, but I've had better at Paxtonia Elementary School, the school I attended grades K-5. My 7th grade teacher is, by far, the best teacher ever! She is the role model everyone could look up to. But, Infinity tells parents one lie, "We don't give homework." I get homework, trust me. Not as much as my brother who attends CDMS, but still a fair amount. The art and music program is pretty bad though. Art class is boring and will positively give no beneficial information to your child. In music class, the music teacher gives you no instruction at all. She has the middle school singing songs that Kindergarten students should be singing. PE is okay, although many students don't think the teacher is good. German class is one of my favorite classes. The teacher is amazing. But, the paraprofessionals are mean and annoying. One always shushes you, even when you explain that you are consulting with a classmate for help. Danke f r das Lesen! (I think I spelled that right.)

My child recently started HS after attending Infinity since it's inception. Infinity did a fantastic job of preparing my child for life long learning. Students at Infinity are required to present reports and presentations to their class from Kindergarten on up. They receive positive and constructive feedback on their work. Giving a 3 minute speech about "yourself" in HS was a no brainer for my Infinity grad, not so for kids of other schools. My child's typing skills, note taking skills, attitude towards school, teachers and learning are far above those of their HS classmates. The supurb, enriched, learning environment at Infinity is certainly missed by my child. I will be forever thankful to NJH and the Infinity Charter School staff for the amazing work they have done and continue to do with my children. As for art and music, take a look at Infinity's yearbooks. See the amazing artwork produced under Mrs. A's direction. See how many students participated in Dauphin County Chorus and Dauphin County Orchestra every year, thanks to Mrs. W. Incredible opportunities await your GIFTED child at Infinity Charter School.

Pardon abbrev's, but lot to pack in 1,200 chars. Many w/bad reviews just don't get it - CD would kill to have Infinity (INF) die, so a certain amount of protective behav by staff/admin is expected - have had to fight hard to exist. Kids that say they are always in trouble-wonder why?? INF has great discipline which pub school sorely lacks (anything goes). So if your kids like to cut up/misbehave, keep em in public where they will thrive! My daughter just finished 3rd, and worked her way from 3rd to 7th gr spelling in 1 yr-so much for no individualization! She had German in 3rd-not until high school in CD! For those who think that parents don't get a say-try public! Don't even get a parent-teacher conference in pub middle schl, and many at CD don't return e-mails/ph calls. My middle schl son heard so much positive from sis-now he is going to INF just for 7th & 8th. Yes, music, art, athl are weak-but because the school is so small-they do best they can. INF is for gifted, but cant discriminate-shy, mediocre, disruptive kids wont like it. Real vacations on INF calendar-way better than CD pub. New princp this yr will only make better. INF IS A GREAT SCHOOL-NEED MORE LIKE IT!

I say this with all due respect (which is little) but this school is one of the worst I've ever heard of. I went there from its inception and graduated to go onto SciTech last year in 2010. The music and art programs are not only bad but insulting, the curriculum consists of not doing any real music or art but just doodling mediocre paintings and singing songs for 3rd graders (which is great until you graduated 3rd grade). The teachers of music and art rely more on keeping control of the students by putting them down (and sometimes insulting) then they do actually teaching. I won't lie this school is great but only if the teacher's like you, otherwise you're out of luck. I would not recommend this school for any child that actually has opinions and can differentiate from right and wrong conduct of a teacher. The only thing that stopped me from rating this a 1 is the fact that the 7th/8th grade homeroom teacher. She is supportive and will actually teach a gifted curriculum if you're an above average student (unlike most other teachers). Considering I only have like 120 characters left I will let my rating explain how good of a teacher she is, keep in mind she brought the rating up 3

I currently attend this school and I love it! i've been at the school since it first opend and will be devastated when I have to leave in two years. I find the teachers to be very helpful, paitient and friendly. I have never had a teacher that I was never able to click with. I feel that the ciriculum is perfect. It's just the right mix of challenge and fun. I love the way the clases are combined and the way this school operates. I love how they have themes, and that every subject is centered around that theme. I could never pick a favorite theme. I would say the only downfall of this school is the building. It's a little run down, but I know that they are trying to build a new place. In all, it's an amazing school and I would highly reccomend sending your kids here.

My family is continually grateful for the opportunities that this school has afforded us. The individualized learning has suited my three children well, as they are able to excel and advance in areas that they are strong, while still assuring that areas that need work are not ignored or pushed under the rug. While no school can meet all students needs all the time, this has been a great fit for us.

Last modified Infinity Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.