Public charter
Penbrook, PA

Posted August 22, 2014
I am new to this school and I am worring a little about this.My son was enrolled not by the lottery but by the waiting list.I am happy but at the same time nervous.He went to Christian Academy Private school for his kindergarten year and I was not satisfied-teacherhis ,Ms.Martin, didnt teach him anything extra even though he went there with the 1st grade knowledge-reading,counting,general knoledge in history,geography,they learnt how to write in script though through the school year which is really cool, but it was not enough for my son.He was bored all the time getting misbehavior notes,which was very upsetting for me.That is why I decided to try a new school-Ithis time Infinity.I hope it would be a wonderful year for my son there, and I will definitely keep you posted further.Good luck for every parent out there looking for a better school.Hopefully our efforts will pay off in future.

Posted April 16, 2014
As a student who currently attends ICS, I will give you the facts and only the facts. Only send your kid here if you are looking for the education, not the art and music program. My 6th grade teacher was okay, but I've had better at Paxtonia Elementary School, the school I attended grades K-5. My 7th grade teacher is, by far, the best teacher ever! She is the role model everyone could look up to. But, Infinity tells parents one lie, "We don't give homework." I get homework, trust me. Not as much as my brother who attends CDMS, but still a fair amount. The art and music program is pretty bad though. Art class is boring and will positively give no beneficial information to your child. In music class, the music teacher gives you no instruction at all. She has the middle school singing songs that Kindergarten students should be singing. PE is okay, although many students don't think the teacher is good. German class is one of my favorite classes. The teacher is amazing. But, the paraprofessionals are mean and annoying. One always shushes you, even when you explain that you are consulting with a classmate for help. Danke f r das Lesen! (I think I spelled that right.)

Posted September 20, 2012
My child recently started HS after attending Infinity since it's inception. Infinity did a fantastic job of preparing my child for life long learning. Students at Infinity are required to present reports and presentations to their class from Kindergarten on up. They receive positive and constructive feedback on their work. Giving a 3 minute speech about "yourself" in HS was a no brainer for my Infinity grad, not so for kids of other schools. My child's typing skills, note taking skills, attitude towards school, teachers and learning are far above those of their HS classmates. The supurb, enriched, learning environment at Infinity is certainly missed by my child. I will be forever thankful to NJH and the Infinity Charter School staff for the amazing work they have done and continue to do with my children. As for art and music, take a look at Infinity's yearbooks. See the amazing artwork produced under Mrs. A's direction. See how many students participated in Dauphin County Chorus and Dauphin County Orchestra every year, thanks to Mrs. W. Incredible opportunities await your GIFTED child at Infinity Charter School.

Posted August 27, 2012
Pardon abbrev's, but lot to pack in 1,200 chars. Many w/bad reviews just don't get it - CD would kill to have Infinity (INF) die, so a certain amount of protective behav by staff/admin is expected - have had to fight hard to exist. Kids that say they are always in trouble-wonder why?? INF has great discipline which pub school sorely lacks (anything goes). So if your kids like to cut up/misbehave, keep em in public where they will thrive! My daughter just finished 3rd, and worked her way from 3rd to 7th gr spelling in 1 yr-so much for no individualization! She had German in 3rd-not until high school in CD! For those who think that parents don't get a say-try public! Don't even get a parent-teacher conference in pub middle schl, and many at CD don't return e-mails/ph calls. My middle schl son heard so much positive from sis-now he is going to INF just for 7th & 8th. Yes, music, art, athl are weak-but because the school is so small-they do best they can. INF is for gifted, but cant discriminate-shy, mediocre, disruptive kids wont like it. Real vacations on INF calendar-way better than CD pub. New princp this yr will only make better. INF IS A GREAT SCHOOL-NEED MORE LIKE IT!

Posted June 06, 2011
I say this with all due respect (which is little) but this school is one of the worst I've ever heard of. I went there from its inception and graduated to go onto SciTech last year in 2010. The music and art programs are not only bad but insulting, the curriculum consists of not doing any real music or art but just doodling mediocre paintings and singing songs for 3rd graders (which is great until you graduated 3rd grade). The teachers of music and art rely more on keeping control of the students by putting them down (and sometimes insulting) then they do actually teaching. I won't lie this school is great but only if the teacher's like you, otherwise you're out of luck. I would not recommend this school for any child that actually has opinions and can differentiate from right and wrong conduct of a teacher. The only thing that stopped me from rating this a 1 is the fact that the 7th/8th grade homeroom teacher. She is supportive and will actually teach a gifted curriculum if you're an above average student (unlike most other teachers). Considering I only have like 120 characters left I will let my rating explain how good of a teacher she is, keep in mind she brought the rating up 3

Posted August 01, 2010
I currently attend this school and I love it! i've been at the school since it first opend and will be devastated when I have to leave in two years. I find the teachers to be very helpful, paitient and friendly. I have never had a teacher that I was never able to click with. I feel that the ciriculum is perfect. It's just the right mix of challenge and fun. I love the way the clases are combined and the way this school operates. I love how they have themes, and that every subject is centered around that theme. I could never pick a favorite theme. I would say the only downfall of this school is the building. It's a little run down, but I know that they are trying to build a new place. In all, it's an amazing school and I would highly reccomend sending your kids here.

Posted June 05, 2010
My family is continually grateful for the opportunities that this school has afforded us. The individualized learning has suited my three children well, as they are able to excel and advance in areas that they are strong, while still assuring that areas that need work are not ignored or pushed under the rug. While no school can meet all students needs all the time, this has been a great fit for us.

Posted December 16, 2009
I'm amazed at the disparity in these reviews; parents seem either to love or hate Infinity. My family has been here two years now and for us it has been a great fit. My kids were identified as gifted in their public school, and needed a richer and more challenging curriculum. Other parents I know with similar situations also love the school and find it to be a good fit for their children. I could be wrong, but I wonder if some of the negative reviews come from parents for whom the school was just not a good fit for their children. If your child does not love learning, has difficulty behaving and paying attention in class, and needs lots of drill/repetition and homework, Infinity is not for you. Alternatively, if your child has a thirst for knowledge, learns quickly, and is fairly well-behaved and respectful, you will love Infinity.

Posted December 10, 2009
I was part of the first graduating class at Infinity, and I have to say that I look back at my years there with no regrets. . The curriculum offered unlimited possibilities, as I was introduced to the concepts of silicon based life forms and bioengineering in seventh grade. Infinity covered the basic material that you would learn during a year at public schools in a matter of weeks, and then challenged me to expand my thinking with delightfully challenging course material. As a public school student that STILL struggles to find adequate challenge even in college, I highly recommend Infinity to the parents of gifted students.

Infinity Cs 0

Posted September 01, 2009
My child attended Infinity for 4th & 5th grade and is now back in public school for 6th grade. Up through & including 3rd grade she tested in the advanced range and upon leaving Infinity after 5th grade tested with a combination of basic and proficient. She was extremely bored with Infinity. My child is very shy and due to the despotic atmosphere strongly pushed at Infinity my child withdrew even more and became very anxious about going to school. Having two school aged children and trying both Infinity and public school, we realize the grass is not always greener and public schools have a lot to offer. To each his own of course but for our family we would not recommend Infinity for academics, learning social skills, nor for learning responsibility, independence, nor self confidence all of which are vital aspects of a well rounded education.

Infinity Cs
51 Banks St, Penbrook, PA  17103
Last modified Infinity Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Infinity Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top