Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Both my children go to Franklin Towne, and both struggled in school for awhile. But thanks to the hard working and dedicated staff members, my children are not only enjoying school, but have completely turned around their grades. I've seen the difference in public school, compared to Franklin Towne. My son has moderate to severe hearing loss, and wears bilateral hearing aides. He went to Elywin, a special pre school for his hearing loss and delayed speech for 2 years before Kindergarten. Then went to a public school for Kindergarten. The public school was overcrowded, understaffed, and was not a good learning environment for my son. Once he got into Franklin Towne for 1st grade is when I noticed a huge change in him. The teachers and special hearing support educators, and audiologist have been wonderful and made such a difference in Masons education. He almost made honor roll this semester, missed it by 2pts in 1 class. I am extremely grateful for all the extra support he gets, and the extra support and tutoring my daughter gets as well every year. Franklin Towne is a wonderful school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Of all the teachers that my girls have encountered at Franklintown they have all been wonderful my oldest is in seventh grade and she still goes back to visit all of her past teachers. I think they are very effective and influential my daughter has never really liked science in the past but this year she absolutely does and I think a part of it is her teacher.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is supposed to reinforce what they learned in that day and I think they get just enough homework to reinforce whatever they learned in that day for that class.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think the merit system that they had set up really helps kids with kindness, how to be fair to one another.

They have everything in a school that I want-great teachers, principles who really care and support staff that is bar none.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective because they make sure we understand things and they will even come before or after school to tutor us.

Amount of homework: Agree

Its just right because after im done i have time to do activities that i may want to do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school provides all of the above because if there is ever a altercation they here both stories and help the children work the situation out. I believe they are honest because they've never lied to us and said they were gonna do something, and then never do it.

top notch education. Teachers are supportive and test scores are high. Great place to watch your children succeed.

The best school in Philadelphia. I am very thankful every day that my Daughter attends there! I probably would have moved out of the city had she not got excepted.

Last modified Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-1, 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.