Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 07, 2015
I want to say thank you to Mr. Munizza, Assistant Principal at Franklin Towne Elementary School. He is a positive influence for the children. He truly cares about the kids. He has always listened to parents concern and takes action. The school cares and it shows. I am proud that my children attend FTCE.

Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School 5

Posted December 01, 2015
Both my children go to Franklin Towne, and both struggled in school for awhile. But thanks to the hard working and dedicated staff members, my children are not only enjoying school, but have completely turned around their grades. I've seen the difference in public school, compared to Franklin Towne. My son has moderate to severe hearing loss, and wears bilateral hearing aides. He went to Elywin, a special pre school for his hearing loss and delayed speech for 2 years before Kindergarten. Then went to a public school for Kindergarten. The public school was overcrowded, understaffed, and was not a good learning environment for my son. Once he got into Franklin Towne for 1st grade is when I noticed a huge change in him. The teachers and special hearing support educators, and audiologist have been wonderful and made such a difference in Masons education. He almost made honor roll this semester, missed it by 2pts in 1 class. I am extremely grateful for all the extra support he gets, and the extra support and tutoring my daughter gets as well every year. Franklin Towne is a wonderful school!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 23, 2015
Of all the teachers that my girls have encountered at Franklintown they have all been wonderful my oldest is in seventh grade and she still goes back to visit all of her past teachers. I think they are very effective and influential my daughter has never really liked science in the past but this year she absolutely does and I think a part of it is her teacher.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 23, 2015
Homework is supposed to reinforce what they learned in that day and I think they get just enough homework to reinforce whatever they learned in that day for that class.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 23, 2015
I can really only answer this for my children and yes I think they do, my girls are very determined when it comes to projects or homework or getting something done and I think their teachers definitely are a part of that.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted November 23, 2015
I know the school has a bullying policy and I know they do try to stick with it. I don't think it's the school's sole responsibility to teach respect parents need to jump in and teach respect to their children.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 23, 2015
Franklintown throughout the school year has different charities that they participate in and the kids look forward to helping

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 23, 2015
I think the merit system that they had set up really helps kids with kindness, how to be fair to one another.

Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2015
They have everything in a school that I want-great teachers, principles who really care and support staff that is bar none.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
I am grateful for the front desk staff, all the ladies are wonderful every time I call. They always have a friendly tone in their voice and never seem annoyed with any questions I might have. When ever I stop in they always take a minute out of their work schedule to say hello, ask how the family is doing, have a good holiday or ask if the kids are feeling better. Whatever the situation is they are always there to help.

4259 Richmond st, Philadelphia, PA  19137
Last modified Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-1, 3-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top