Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This staff can be a bit disrespectful and the school is small for a charter school with K-8

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers are more focused on their cell phones. Not all but majority. Teachers are suppose to teach not talk about the children. Suppose to be uplifting and inspiring and teach. Not at all. They looking for a pay check. Nothing else matters.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no honesty, integrity or fairness at all only amongst the staff and that's barely.

harmabee is more focused on nothing! This is my kids second and last year. The administration is not welcoming and more focused on social media, appearance and they cell phone This school is not education focused in no way shape or form!!!! they have a new principal their which they should've stuck with the old one, way better. I feel like my kids wasted time and valuable learning time without gaining no knowledge. they teach more African history than updated history, math and so on. harambee is always begging for money. The teachers seem to be off the street with no morals and no understanding to what to do. Very disappointing.

My Daughter Fells Walcome here thank u guys for all the things u did her learning skill are at a good average and she is doing good

Harambee is an excellent school, majoring in math and science. The students have a great outlook about themselves and others. They are also motivated, purposeful learners with self and racial pride! This school has proven itself well over 40 years. I hope they expand into high school and into New Jersey as well. I'm a grandmother and I endorse Harambee

I have a 22 and 18yr old that went to Harambee and now a 6yr old. Harambee is a very safe environment for children. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we spend way too much time tearing each other down as a culture and community. As an educational facility I like that the Institute is unique in it's own vision. I like how the curiculum instills characteristics in our youth that allows them to believe in themselves. Some people think the school's tatics are unprofessional a rough-only because they do not allow anyone to come in there and take over or force change and divert Harambee from it's purpose and vision. Harambee promotes leadership, unity, determination, self reliance. Let's face it-as a people we are really lost for direction. I never had to worry about no one fighting my children or following them home with a bunch of non-sense. There is too much violence in schools and I'm pleased to say when I drop my child off I can go to work and know, without doubt he is safe!

YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN A PARENT AT HARAMBEE SINCE 2000 AND i HAVE SEEN PARENTS COME IN AND OUT OF THE SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY CANNOT COME IN AND DO ANYTHING THEY WANT WITHIN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM. HARAMBEE HAS THE BEST EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY WORK ON THE WHOLE CHILD AND NOT JUST WHETHER HE/ SHE CAN READ WRITE ADD AND SUBTRACT. LET'S GIVE 7 HARAMBEES AND GET READY FOR SOME "REAL EDUCATION"!

Our daugher went to this shcool for Kindergarden and first grade and were not pleased with the teaching staff or communication with administration. We have made several attempts to speak directly with the administration to get an update on my daughters progress but the only people concerned were my wife and myself. The teachers and staff are very unprofessional. There are only a few programs or activies for tyour children to participate in. They have a lunch policy that only allows your child to bring certain healty foods and if they dont bring in the specifed food they will throw it away, but, they sell all types of junk food during school hours which is totally hipocritical. Overall we were very disappointed with our experience.

Harambee is a good school, i agree they focus too much on African Heritage. they need to teach kids how to live in todays world. they have gotten better with trying to provide an environment for more advance childen. my son went there for 6yrs and my daughter has been there since kindergarden and is going to the 8th grade. the school is a safe place and the school is kept clean. it has updated technology. i would reccomend this school. parent involvement is a must. you have to attend parent meeting monthly or your child will be put out. there is no tolerance for children with behavior problems.

Last modified Philadelphia Harambee Inst Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.