Bad
Good

Posted January 05, 2008
My daughter has been at overbrook elementary since she was in preschool at age 3. She is now 9 and in the 4th grade. She feels safe and loved at overbrook & all her teacher are careing and concerned. I generally chase her around the school or have to have her paged to get her out of there. She is in the chess and gardening clubs. She takes violyn lessons and sang in the choir last year. The home and school participates in programing and provides avenues with which to raise funds. Most importantly, my daughter scores above the district average continually and in most cases above the state and national averages also. She will be leaving overbrook this year and I am very apprehesive because of all the love and care she has received there. She will be attending one of the districts premire magnet academic middle schools.

Posted January 04, 2008
Overbrook Elementary proved to be a great start for my child. My daughter attended OE from K-5 graduating in 2005. I cannot express enough how pleased I was with the school and the staff. It was here that I learned to appreciate educators (principal, teachers, aides, etc.). If you are a participating parent in your child's education and school then you can identify with my sentiment. I can guarantee you if you have a child that is willing to learn OE has teachers who will teach. I believe some parents are confused as to the actual role of the school staff. Real training begins at home. We do not send our children to school for the teachers to raise them they are there to show them new things and we as parents are to follow-up with this at home. Parents remember it does take a village to raise a child.

Overbrook Elementary School 5

Posted January 02, 2008
I think that this is a great school. The school has made AYP two years in a row. The teachers are fantastic. The school does not have a gym but the principal has tried to get one in the past but was not supported by the parents. Parent do not do their part. They do not come to home and school meetings. If parent did mor the school would be better

Posted August 21, 2007
Overbrook elementary was not the best school for my son because he has adhd. They also don't have gym. Needless to say he doesn't attend any more. He was missing out on too much and they were affecting his self esteem. -Parent of a soon-to-be second grader

Overbrook Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2006
I have experienced nothing but good things at overbrook elementary. Both of my children were accepted to the top middle schools after their education at overbrook elementary. My concern is that as parents we should do more to assure that our children get the best. The teachers cannot do it all, and that is the draw back at overbrook elementary. Most of the teachers are doing their part in the classroom, but the parents are forgetting to do their part at home. Parent must remember that they are the most important part of the child's education. They should make yourselves known (in a positive way) in the school. Attend the home and school meetings. Learn what happening within the school and it's community. If parents would do this, overbrook elementary would be known as 'the little private school on the hill'.

Overbrook Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2005
My son attended this school for 2 days only and I had to take him out. On the second day he said the teacher did not allow him to use the bathroom and for him to bring a change of clothes if he should urinate on himself. There is no sports or extracurricular activities or school nurse, the cafeteria is in the basement and they said the food is not great. I would not recommend this school for my worst enemy. The kids are so disrespectful they curse and they have no manners. My heart goes out to those parents who have no choice than to send their kids to a school like this.

Overbrook Elementary School 3

Posted May 20, 2005
My son attended Overbrook Elementary and he did well . His reading skills improved tremendously. My only concern was the lack of a music and art class.

2032 North 62nd St, Philadelphia, PA  19151
Last modified Overbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.