Bad
Good

This school is totally lacking control.There is no leadership or an authority figure for children to look up to as role models.The principal is so ineffective. All he is good for is observing teachers and being critical of them as the inmates run the asylum.Poor leadership qualities and very lazy. He is great at delegating his dirty work. School is in total collapse.

This school is a disgrace to the theory of the word education. I can't believe it's even open. My kids won't be there the entire school year.

this school is absolutely horrible the principal shouldnt even been allowed to work there in my eyes he doesnt care about the students just his title he has there at the school i will never ever recommend NOBODY TO THAT HELL HOLE

This is school is suffering a great deal. My child goes to a battle field everyday instead of a school. It's too many children in one class room. My child's home is either a repeat from a week before or it's under his grade level. Children that are learning at a faster pace is held back until other children are caught up. When you try to be a parent that is it involved in your children's education the school staff pushes you away. You don't get updates on your child's academic grades no progress reports or anything. Last year the school wasn't like this at all. It has become very unsafe. It's not enough supervision while kids are at recesss. Visit visit the school randomly. If you could give the school no stars this would definitely have no stars. The only good that comes from this school is that you gets credit attending a school. This school will steal your child's spirit of learning and their self esteem . Between the way teachers talk to these and the other children physically bullying your child. It's so unorganized here. The only solution to a promblems that you having while your attends this school is let's have a meeting. Only to have no changes. No structure!

This school has gotten worse and the children are out of control. All my child comes home and tells about are fights and how teachers just scream all day. I have never seen a elementary school so unorganized.

My daughter attended Penrose for one year and unfortunately it was the worst school year ever. The teachers and new principal were great but some of the children's morale are horrible. My daughter complained about the students and mostly the attitudes of the lunch staff daily.

I must giggle at the parent who stated that "one mother said it is the best, well maybe she is uneducated and does not recognize education to know the difference." While reading this parent's comments, I noticed many grammatical and punctuation errors. Then I asked myself, "Who does not understand education?" Perhaps I should ask myself, "Who was absent on the day sentence structure was taught?"

Penrose Elementary is a wonderful school equipped with a dedicated staff, active principal, a collective motivation to learn, and unique opportunities for the students. The faculty and students work together as a team to challenge students academically. Throughout the school year Penrose presented several unique assemblies, exciting field trips, contests for the students, and more. The school also offers excellent programs (during and after the school day) such as PlayWorks, Dance, Jump Rope, Chess, Yoga, Karate, Zumba, Basketball, Track, and Cheerleading. The school buildings are kept in an ideal condition; overall Penrose is a great place for staff and students alike!

Penrose has a committed group of staff and teachers, lead by a committed terrific principal. Penrose has made their state exam targets. Over the years Penrose has added a gym, after care program, aand has been completely renovated . There are SMART Boards in most of the classrooms, computers in every classroom, and a terrific variety of after school activities, such as track, dance, Families and School Together program, yoga and the Eat Right Now gardens. Although some prefer to waste time criticizing, Penrose staff focuses on educating students with proven positive results!

Penrose has some hard working teachers. The school needs a better Principal. No one takes care of the kids. they run wild in the yard. Big kids and little kids. No one is in the yard with the kids. My daughter is in second grade I take her every day and make sure she gets in the class and get to the school early to get her so she is not in the yard with the big kids who knock down and pick on the small ones. The principle is the worst she does not think highly of the kids or parents. My daughter transferred to this school because I lost my job. She was in a privet school. I will never forget the conversation the principal was having in the hall way a staff member. I wanted to remove my daughter from the school at that second. If this is how the principal thinks this will not be a good school for her. I did not care very much for the way my daughters teacher dealt with the kids but was OK with the work skills. I have my daughter on a lot of list for schools. I pray something works out.

Last modified Penrose School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.