Bad
Good

As an educator and college access professional, I have had the opportunity to work with many schools, high school and middle schools alike. I'm also very familiar with the neighborhood and how Douglass was before it was transformed by Young Scholars. I can truly say that Young Scholars does an excellent job training our youth for the world in which they will enter. I have had to work closely with 9th grade students who enter into high school and have found that YS Douglass, consistently produces students who well- rounded and fare very well in academically rigorous schools. They have a strong connection with the community and with their parents. I don't think I was ever so impress until I attended an high school fair at the school and saw 5th and 2nd grade students attend, prepared with well thought out questions and really proactive. This school community is structured to help students develop habits for success.

The only consistent thing this school provides is give detentions to the students. The students should fully understand when policies change from year to year.

I like the school my daughter is doing well an she loves it to.I would recommend any children that is bad will change there life around.

I can not imagine my children at any other school. All of them have made such positive changes.

I'm a parent of two, that both attend Frederick Douglass. My oldest son had many of problem in his last school and no one wanted to help me with him. Once I enrolled him into Douglass, the staff and teachers was more then willing to help me with my son. With he help of the Douglass staff and teachers my son is now able to do his work, his grades has improved and most importantly he is a better student. My youngest child will be starting kindergarten this year, after being in there head-start program for 2 years. I would not change anything about Douglass right now. I can say this because I'm a parent involved fun-time. To all parent, in order to know what is going on you need to stay close in tune with the school.

My children all went to this school. It was terrible from the principal to office staff to the teachers

Last modified Young Scholars Frederick Douglass Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.