Philadelphia, PA

Posted July 27, 2012
My daughters are going into first grade at Jenks. Our experience has been exceptional. The principal and teachers are caring and top notch, the academics are challenging (my Kindergartners were reading at a second grade level by the time the year ended), and the Home and School is very active. The school asks a lot of parents, which is what I believe makes it such a great school. I considered a charter but decided to give Jenks a try through family members with direct experience and I am very glad I did. It's also one of the top performing schools in our district, despite the low score here (I blame the SDP for that, though). Great school, truly.

Jenks Abram School 4

Posted April 04, 2011
I absolutely love this school. There are both committed teachers and parents, which make everything work

Jenks Abram School 4

Posted February 08, 2011
Great school, principal not the same as a few years ago, Ms. Chestnut is great, very caring and doesn't show favortism. My grandchild is in 1st grade and came from a catholic school, where favortism was constantly shown, plus public school is more advanced and you can get all the help you need, not be pushed to the side.

Posted March 01, 2010
I cant say a bad thing about this school. Its wonderful! My daughter is in kindergarten and is learning more than i ever imagined. The teachers are great and influence the kids to do their best, while having fun. We are extremely happy that we chose this school. We only wish it went through to 8th grade.

Posted March 27, 2009
This is the best school I have ever been in--and I've been in plenty. We do not have a big budget but we can do amazing things with what we do have. My own child went here and so did a lot of other teachers' children. We have a lot of learning support and an excellent staff.

Jenks Abram School 1

Posted June 19, 2008

Posted May 12, 2008
I have to say that this school has done nothing but great things for my kindergarten child. Upon entering this school he needed extra attention in which he received and I am proud to say that he is doing fabulous. He even went up two levels in reading. Great school and wonderful teachers.

Posted October 12, 2007
This school is very umfair to the children. First of all, they let to many children into to the school that do not belong in the school. Most of the children that go to this school live out of the school district, which hurts hurts the kids that live in the school district because the school would be able to go up to higher grades, like 6th or even 8th grade and that would be great for the kids that live here.

Posted July 02, 2007
This has got to be the worst school. I had two older children attend this school when it really was a good school. Now the principal has no idea had to treat young children and has not had the respect to get proper teachers.

Posted June 24, 2005
Jenks is most likely the best K-4 grade public school in the city. My son attended Jenks and was able to read very well by the end of Kindergarden. (Unbelievable) The teachers are excellent, the classrooms are a nice size all of which have an literacy intern. Individualize attention is what your looking for..well look no more..The office staff even knew my childs name...I love this school.

Jenks Abram School
2501 South 13th St, Philadelphia, PA  19148
Last modified Jenks Abram School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jenks Abram School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top