Philadelphia, PA

Kirkbride Eliza B School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This is a great school with dedicated staff and a great student body.

Kirkbride Eliza B School 4

Posted May 30, 2009
My child loves to go to school everyday. He gets to participate is extracurricular activities that help homework, reading, math and even learning to speak Chinese. He is learning to speak Khmer and learning about lots of different cultures. He is able to use online programs at home that is provided by the school. We get parent news letters with update information every month. Plus, the school's website has current information about school events. Parents are kept informed and get to come to monthly meeting and help plan fun activities for students. I really like that that Kirkbride is a safe school and there is high expectations for students to behave well.

Kirkbride Eliza B School 0

Posted November 10, 2008
I feared the worst and I got it! There is no recess, there is no auditorium, they just got a music teacher this year at the cost of the world language program. they do have awards assemblies which my child was a part of last year but i was never invited.the principal and her staff are unapproachable without an appointment. and volunteers are not as welcome as you would think.I have witnessed far too much yelling and the students have to stand in silence in the gym each morning before school. My son is in first grade this year I have had many concerns. this is my neighborhood school, I hoped he would have attended straight through 8th grade. But we are looking into better schools for the future.

Posted March 01, 2006
I attended an awards program for my son today. He won first prize for the writing contest. It is really nice to go to his school for something positive. This school is doing a great job preparing students for high school.

Posted February 28, 2006
Eliza B. Kirkbride School has been chosen by The School District of Philadelphia as one of The Best Practices Schools. (The Best Practices Schools celebration was held at the Education Center at 440 N. Broad St.) This event celebrated its highest quality schools as models of exemplary performance that can be replicated throughout the District. According to the School District, Kirkbride earned The Best Practices School recognition because it met Pennsylvania No Child Left Behind achievement standards and realized significant achievement growth over the three year time period. Kirkbride has made very good progress and, as a parent, I am delighted that the school has continued to prosper. I would like to congratulate Mrs. Magness, the principal and her excellent staff for maintaining a very high standard. I really appreciate the leadership and management of Ms. Victoria Magness. Her leadership and management of the school are strong and excellent at all levels. She is kind, understanding, and caring person who is easy to talk to. She never looses her cool in dealing with delicate situations. Her implementation of a number of good policies and procedures ensures the safety and the welfare of the students. I give top marks for the energetic and enthusiastic teaching at the school. Students are often swept along by the teacher s enthusiasm and energy. Teachers are knowledgeable and hard working. Their commitment contributes to the good standards achieved academically. I strongly feel that the quality of teaching and learning at Kirkbride is excellent throughout the school. My children are doing so well academically at Kirkbride; therefore, I am very satisfied and content with its management and staff. Overall, I see that the students at Kirkbride have very positive attitudes toward school and behave very well. I feel blessed to be able to send my children to Kirkbride. My first child attended Kirkbride. My second is currently attending Kirkbride. My youngest child will be attending Kirkbride in September 2006. I feel that Kirkbride is one of the most effective and excellent school with many impressive qualities. That s why I am sending my children to Kirkbride.

Posted February 27, 2006
My son was transferred from our local school to Kirkbride two years ago. It was the best thing for both of us. We both love the school and staff. All of the teachers,office staff,crossing guards and all of the other staff I've met have been nothing but friendly and professional. My son is in the learning support class and has been able to stay on grade level and above in some areas. Each morning he is happy to go to school to learn which is a change from his old school, he never wanted to go. The principal,Mrs. Magness is wonderful. She knows the children's names and parent's also. She does things for the kids I have never seen other principals do,like making sure they can go on class trips,or attend a book fair. I honestly don't have enough room to write about how much I like this school.

Posted February 24, 2006
The Kirkbride school is a safe, clean, nuturing, learning place. Inside the school is so bright and cheerful. The teachers are hardworking and they care about helping children. My 3 children all have had good experiences at Kirkbride and 2 have graduated and have gone off to really good high schools. The principal and assistant principal care about safety. They are there every morning when kids come in and in the afternnoon when it is time to go home watching over our children to make sure they are safe. Kirkbride is a good school with lots of extra programs where kids can have art, music lessons and sports.

Posted February 24, 2006
I went to Kirkbride School for an awards program for my son. He got an award for being a good reader. His teacher works very hard with the boys and girls so that they all read, write and do math well. I am pleased with this school and the test scores keep going up every year. The principal is always there to make sure that kids understand that learning is serious business.

Posted February 24, 2006
Kirkbride is one of the finest schools in South Philadelphia with dedicated and hard working teachers and exceptional leadership from the Principal. Here are the following reasons why Kirkbride has quality academic programs: 100 Book Challenge Program for grades K-6-Students read daily from a wide selection of books in class and at home for approximately one hour a day. Homework is given consistently and effectively every day in grades K-2. There are computer intervention reading programs, i.e. Fast Forword and READ 180 to help students who are reading below level. School-wide writing contests and other reading and math activities in which students are always rewarded with prizes and certificates. The Principal in this school is one of most decent and impartial people who genuinely care about all of her students academic and social needs. I could send my child to any schools, but I chose Kirkbride.

Kirkbride Eliza B School 1

Posted December 13, 2005
This is not a school to enroll your children in. The princicpal is very harsh, condescending & 'in charge of her school'. We were reminded of that 4 times in one conversation today. If your child is teased and taunted by the bullies in the school and your child fights as a result your child will be considered the 'problem' and the principal will talk to you as if both 'you and your child are the problem'. This school is the pits!

Kirkbride Eliza B School
1501 South 7th St, Philadelphia, PA  19147
Last modified Kirkbride Eliza B School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirkbride Eliza B School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top