Philadelphia, PA

Sharswood George School 1

Posted March 28, 2014
This school is one of the worst in our district. Kids are out of control and disrespectful. The employees are not fit to work as teachers I was sent home a letter years ago informing all parents there were teachers actively working there with no degree. They do not handle bullying or erratic behavior well. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate Sharswood a 1. Don't send your kids here!

Posted April 24, 2013
I love this school!! I had to pull my daughter from performing arts charter because she was falling behind.But, after much support from the teachers and staff at Sharswood she is not only out of her IEP but in the adavance groups,and about to attend a blue ribbon high school.Thank you!!!

Posted December 11, 2011
I have no idea why you would HATE this school? Of course it seems not as great as it should be when you actually attend, but it takes more time to actually love and acknowledge the greatness of the school. I attended the school for 10 years, Pre-K to 8th! I'm basically part of the school now! I spoke little-to-no English when first attending, and now I'm almost an English MAJOR in high school. I love Sharswood with all my heart... It'll probably be One of the top school I'd Like to teach or advise at after College! Though, some kids take things for granted, they all should ABSOLUTELY take advantage of the great opportunities an Extra Curricular activities at Sharswood! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Sharswood George School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
my granddaughter and i love this school keep up the good work teachers

Sharswood George School 4

Posted December 17, 2009

Sharswood George School 3

Posted November 19, 2009
this school is not so great. we have summer work and teachers reward bad kids when their good but forget about the kids are well behaved. this school also has no disipline their are kids running every where. but the school principal is great as well as the teachers. lunches are not so great tho.

Posted October 03, 2009
This is a great school, with many dedicated teachers who care about their students and go out of their way above and beyond for their students. The principal and vice principal are second to none. Kids are great and the school has a happy environment.

Sharswood George School 1

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted December 19, 2008
I have just graduated from George sharswood, and I am now in high school. I went to this school since pre-k. I would do anything to go back to this school. I miss everything they have done for teh kids. they would make learning fun. If you live near this school I suggest you put them in there. It's rated #1 school in Philadelphia.

Sharswood George School 3

Posted January 02, 2008

Sharswood George School
2300 South 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA  19148
Last modified Sharswood George School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharswood George School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top