Philadelphia, PA

Cleveland Grover School 5

Posted August 08, 2013
Mastery Charter took over Grover Cleveland Elementary School in the 2012-2013 school year. They have made some serious, positive changes in regards to curriculum, testing, and school safety. Grover Cleveland Mastery Charter has become a place where kids feel safe, become great readers, and really love school. The administration and faculty work extremely hard to help kids reach their goals and do their best. The students are held to a very high expectation, and are able to succeed with the support of their teachers.

Cleveland Grover School 2

Posted January 29, 2010
I believe that the school would be much better if the staff and students would learn to listen to each other more.learn to talk to and not at oneanother.....give respect to get respect back.

Cleveland Grover School 0

Posted December 02, 2008
i think that this school needs a little more help with taking care of students other than that my child said she enjoyed being their and surrounded by friends

Cleveland Grover School 3

Posted September 05, 2008
I have a child that attended Cleveland starting pre-school through second grade the teachers were nice and my child did learn, however I think the administrative staff could be more professional, they spend alot of time hollering and yelling at the students, I think they need to find better ways of handling discipline actions for students, they will suspend a child very quickly opposed to finding another solution .They have very little to offer for extracurricular activity for the students and very few parents partake in the school functions. They do offer boy scouts.

Cleveland Grover School 4

Posted February 04, 2008

Cleveland Grover School 1

Posted October 30, 2007
I have a third grader attending Cleveland and he has been there since the second grade. I like the teachers that he has had so far, but for the office staff, I think that they are unprofessional.

Cleveland Grover School 2

Posted June 02, 2005
The Quality of Academic programs are scarce,the only way to have your child considered for the program is to inform the current teacher and advised that your child may qualify. Which is a negative impact to most parents,who expect the teacher to recognize each child abilities based on performance, attendance, behavior, grades and test taken throughout the course of the school year. The availabilty of music,art and sports are scarce.The level of parent involvement is very low.

Cleveland Grover School 3

Posted May 24, 2005
I visited Grover Cleveland as a volunteer. I enjoyed spending time with the students and teachers. My only concern was the amount of disapline that was required and how it was being handled. I believe that instead of yelling at the kids so much, I think that some type of Character Building should be put into place to uplift the students and make them feel valued. I feel they are not given enough of a chance in the world because of their background, and that saddens me. These kids need more extracurricular activities and opportunities outside of school to spark their interest. There needs to be Grant writing and outside resources need to be pulled together so that the children can go on feild trips and explore their world. I believe A LOT more needs to be invested in these children if they are going to succeed.

Cleveland Grover School
3701 North 19th St, Philadelphia, PA  19140
Last modified Cleveland Grover School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland Grover School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top