Gompers Samuel School 3

Posted August 24, 2010
In many ways I agree with all the aforementioned reviews. My biggest issue is the fact that, like most of our inner city schools, there is a lack of parent involvement. Without parental involvement change does not come. parents should be involved on a daily basis in regards to their childs education. "IF" one is involved then the issued can be acknowledged and addressed. "IF ONE" is involved then you have a voice that can be heard. "IF ONE" is involved than you can DEMAND change and not accept whta is "thrown" at you or your child. last but definitely not least..."IF MANY" are involved you stand stronger, get community action, have a better chance and can MAKE things happen. I am involved and will not let up until I see results. get involved with your child, the teacher, the principal and the school. Whatever it

Gompers Samuel School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
My child is in 3rd grade and I am not to pleased at all with Gompers Elementary. I am frequently called when there are minor issues with my child. The academics are not challenging and I feel that if I allow my child to remain she will be lost academically because there is little taught and too much emphasis on minor disciplinary issues that the powers that be are not addressing although they were 'trained' while attending college!

Gompers Samuel School 4

Posted October 21, 2009
I am a parent of a 6th grader in this school. My son has been there since Kindergarden. This school has a great Principal that works really hard and give his all. What they need is more resources, but they try their best for the students. They made AYP, and they have been steadily improving year after year.

Gompers Samuel School 2

Posted April 29, 2007

Gompers Samuel School 1

Posted December 11, 2006
My children have been going to school for 3 years now and I find that the school is just a hot mess. They have no caring feelings for the children.

Gompers Samuel School 3

Posted October 10, 2006
My assessment so far of Gompers has been moderate but not spectacular. I think the administration staff could be more parent orientated and not so judgmental. The principal,teachers and staff should demand a higher standard than what is deemed as 'just enough to get by' approach. I've reviewed the overall test scores of the entire student body and those scores are below the national average by 15-20%. Our children are being cheated by not having Educators who care and are willing to make a difference. Yes, playground equipment and field trips are nice and needed, however if the students are taught at below standard levels then they are being conditioned to accept life's challenges at below standard responses. I as a parent ensure homework, study periods, and good ethics in my children and I don't believe there is anything wrong w/public school education, however I demand on behalf of my kids,

Gompers Samuel School 5

Posted March 15, 2006

Gompers Samuel School 4

Posted August 08, 2005

Gompers Samuel School 5

Posted December 28, 2004

Gompers Samuel School
5701 Wynnefield Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19131
Last modified Gompers Samuel School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gompers Samuel School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.