Bad
Good

I love this school but with all the budget cut they cut a lot of kids activities. I pray that they find a solution for public schools because this is a great school with awesome teachers!

I believe this school has the potential to be an even better school than it currently is. While the school is safe, and the children are well behaved and are learning, the teachers and staff are very hostile to parent involvement. The neighborhood is changing and the staff at the school have at times behaved very unprofessionally when questioned about policies, academic or other issues. Ignoring a parent's questions, providing information about your child, or even general respect in communication to a parent has been rare in my experience with this school and a huge dissapointment which leads me to not trust that my child will receive a quality education at this school

This school is a good school but my daughter been having prooblems kids been calling her names but when I call the school district the school chnage she is so happy being there now.

The staff is very knowledgable and dedicated to providing their students the best possible education; they care about Moffet and it shows. This year we have a new principal and I'm happy to see that they are working with the parents to incorporate more fun activities for the students. My children are very happy there; I know their teachers really care about them and have gotten to know them as individuals. The teachers are excellent and are willing to work with parents should anyone have any specific concerns about their student. The school is ready to identify and work with students with exceptionalities. Multiculturalism is celebrated at Moffet, and the school is constantly doing more to increase student involvement in extracurricular activities. Although this is not the richest school is the district, they are very resourceful when it comes to providing students with a safe and comfortable environment.

I taught at this school for 5 years and have to say that it is a diamond in the rough. The teachers are very dedicated and so is the rest of the staff. If I had the opportunity to teacher anywhere, I would definitely go back. The school has made AYP for the past 5 years or so, class sizes are small, and Moffet highly qualified teachers. This school should be a role model for the rest of the district! I am proud to say that I taught there!!! :)

Moffet is one of the best elementary schools in the urban area, the staff makes sure the children are safe, the teachers communicate with the parents and overall the school encourages parent participation. I agree that Moffet is the Best Kept Secret in PSD. I do not believe that there is too much homework, I actually wish that they would give more homework including Fridays.

Last modified Moffet John School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.