Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is a joke even calling this hell hole a school . I was so excited to have my child start kindergarten this year until I got a taste of the unorganized thing they call a school. Ok so I see I'm not the first one to tell you people smoke on school grounds how about fines handed out like the laws says you are supposed to. You want to blame bad parents and bad kids for the school's downfalls. The real problem is this "they don't care so why should I" attitude most of the staff has. If you would take responsibility for you school's downfalls instead of looking for someone to blame mabe you could fix it. I hate the fact that you tried to blame "bad kids" there is no such thing as a bad student in my eyes only bad teaching if they are not getting it try a different approach if your hearts not in it do the kids a favor QUIT

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I want to believe that my child's teachers have their heart's in their work but have seen very little to reinsure my of this belief

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's not the amount of homework I have an issue with it's the lack of attention I sent my child to school with all supplies I get a homework assignment that requires coloring but don't have the crayons in the backpack because the teacher said they stay at school I paid for them but can't use them when required that's insane

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They show favoritism toward students who know or are related to staff I have seen this firsthand

Part 2. Seriously I have met some of these "parents" for the first time at 5th grade graduation, but our kids started kindergarten together. There are some wonderful parents that help out, volunteer when asked, give more than what's asked. Basically, the whole point is; yes, some teachers are less than desirable... but so are the parents and circumstances. Anyone who just rights it off as bad, I am sorry for your experience, but please, don't bash a wonderful school. Instead, think about what you could've done to make it a better experience. I have not loved all the teachers, but the ones I do, are absolutely amazing and I thank God that they have impacted my children.

People says this school is highly suggested being one of the great schools but they lied!! There are students that passed to the next grade and shouldn't have; some teachers don't care enough see what damage it could do bu passing these children. If I could give this school a negative rating I would. The staff is related to half the students so there is no fair justice when needed. The principal only care about the staff and not the well being of the students. I think that this school needed new staff and updated policies.

The last comment was not written by a teacher in our school. Look at the spelling and grammar. Is there any way of deleting it?

this school is a good school the principle and staff try to do their best with the limited resources that they have. unfortunately we can no choose the families that come to our schools we have to take everybody within our boundaries and then more. Maybe if we get perfect behave students and supportive parents we will be a better school, but instead we get a bunch of junkie parents and their neglected kids.

My Daughter also is a student of Mrs. Sterling, I absolutely loved her! She is byfar the best teacher in the school! My daughter will not be attending richmond next year (she got into ftc-yipee) but Mrs. Sterling has taught my daughter so much this year!

This time last year I was saying I wouldnt even send my dog to this school but I had no choice because of boundaries and catholic school was to much. My daughter started 2nd gr and has Mrs. Sterling, my daughter has came so far with her reading and other academics. I am honestly greatful for Mrs. Sterling because my daughter wasnt getting it and Mrs. Sterling took the time for her. I know some of the teachers are ignorant like for instance Miss. Wills who is just rude and picks on children . My nephew had her and she is just mean to the children and has no bedside manner for little 5 and 6 yr olds. That is my opinion but personally besides some of the trashy ppl who stand in that yard i had a good experience I guess its the teacher you get. O and also I think the Vice principal is very nice and cares about the children way more then the principal. I think they should make the VP the principal

Last modified Richmond School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.