Philadelphia, PA

Richmond School 5

Posted December 07, 2014
Part 2. Seriously I have met some of these "parents" for the first time at 5th grade graduation, but our kids started kindergarten together. There are some wonderful parents that help out, volunteer when asked, give more than what's asked. Basically, the whole point is; yes, some teachers are less than desirable... but so are the parents and circumstances. Anyone who just rights it off as bad, I am sorry for your experience, but please, don't bash a wonderful school. Instead, think about what you could've done to make it a better experience. I have not loved all the teachers, but the ones I do, are absolutely amazing and I thank God that they have impacted my children.

Posted March 18, 2014
People says this school is highly suggested being one of the great schools but they lied!! There are students that passed to the next grade and shouldn't have; some teachers don't care enough see what damage it could do bu passing these children. If I could give this school a negative rating I would. The staff is related to half the students so there is no fair justice when needed. The principal only care about the staff and not the well being of the students. I think that this school needed new staff and updated policies.

Richmond School 4

Posted November 24, 2013
The last comment was not written by a teacher in our school. Look at the spelling and grammar. Is there any way of deleting it?

Richmond School 3

Posted November 23, 2013
this school is a good school the principle and staff try to do their best with the limited resources that they have. unfortunately we can no choose the families that come to our schools we have to take everybody within our boundaries and then more. Maybe if we get perfect behave students and supportive parents we will be a better school, but instead we get a bunch of junkie parents and their neglected kids.

Richmond School 4

Posted June 13, 2012
My Daughter also is a student of Mrs. Sterling, I absolutely loved her! She is byfar the best teacher in the school! My daughter will not be attending richmond next year (she got into ftc-yipee) but Mrs. Sterling has taught my daughter so much this year!

Richmond School 3

Posted June 12, 2012
This time last year I was saying I wouldnt even send my dog to this school but I had no choice because of boundaries and catholic school was to much. My daughter started 2nd gr and has Mrs. Sterling, my daughter has came so far with her reading and other academics. I am honestly greatful for Mrs. Sterling because my daughter wasnt getting it and Mrs. Sterling took the time for her. I know some of the teachers are ignorant like for instance Miss. Wills who is just rude and picks on children . My nephew had her and she is just mean to the children and has no bedside manner for little 5 and 6 yr olds. That is my opinion but personally besides some of the trashy ppl who stand in that yard i had a good experience I guess its the teacher you get. O and also I think the Vice principal is very nice and cares about the children way more then the principal. I think they should make the VP the principal

Posted January 09, 2012
Let me tell you why I pulled my daughter out of K and decided she will be home schooled for the remainder of the year. Every morning I had to deal with smokers, bad language, and people smacking their kids around....on the schoolyard! A dad and a grandma got in a shouting match and the woman had to be physically removed from the yard by school security! And then there was the horrible teacher, Ms. Wills. She brags how she has been doing this for over 30 years, but let me tell ya something: she needs to retire! She never smiles at the kids in the morning or even at the end of the day when they are leaving; she is mean to them, yells at them (while waiting for her to dismiss the kids, late again, I heard her through the door she was so loud!); she told my daughter she would cut her fingers off if she touched the computer again; around November my daughter got really sick and was out of school for over a week, and when she came back, there was no "welcome back, we missed you" or anything like that, just the normal scowl and "get to the carpet". I have pulled her out of school and she is much happier, but she is terrified of Ms.Wills still! Has nightmares about her even! Horrible!

Posted June 13, 2011
They did not follow the law of no child left behind. The principle is so selfish. Discrimination on left behind student.

Posted October 27, 2010
My son started kindergarden at Richmond this year, everything has been a awful experience. I never met the principle, never had a tour of the school. Parents smoke in the school yard, kids are fist fighting while nobody does anything. Trash and beer cans every morning around the school. Dog poop on the one 20ft stretch of grass along side the school. The teacher explains nothing and for a first year student and mother they really left us out in left field. I'm frustred and very disappointed in the philadelphia public school system. Its easy to see why kids fall through the cracks.

Richmond School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the staff and the confidence they instill in the students. My son is in first grade this year. He had a very difficult time adjusting to Kindergarten last year.... a lot of tears and anxiety. His teacher, and the Vice Principal worked wonders in helping him adjust and he began school this year as a totally different student. He was still anxious, but had been given valuable tools to pull him through. Richmond is a wonderful school.

Richmond School
2944 Belgrade St, Philadelphia, PA  19134
Last modified Richmond School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top