Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted April 14, 2016
Public school with Private school standards. Teaching young people how to be responsible, build character and manage a challenging curriculum.

Hill J E/Freedman Samson
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 07, 2016
No the principal is a dictator and there's no oversight from the district, so they are either incompetent or don't care

Hill J E/Freedman Samson 1

Posted April 07, 2016
The principal majeswki bully's both staff and students, makes lif miserable for the entire school environment! Do not go near this school, he should be investigated

Posted April 23, 2014
Hill-Freedman World Academy is a wonderful International Baccalaureate middle school with a rigorous academic curriculum that focuses on projects that expand the student's worldview. They have a great STEM and foreign language curriculum as well as a comprehensive music program, dance and special electives. This past year the school expanded to accommodate ninth graders and will eventually serve grades 6 - 12. Hill-Freedman is unique in that it also serves special needs learners in the same environment. With passionate teachers who truly care about the education of the whole student and a principal who is determined to make the school the best it can be, Hill Freedman is truly a gem in the Northwest community.

Posted April 13, 2014
Hill-Freedman is the best kept secret in NW Philadelphia. It is a traditional public school with a private school philosophy. The scholars are surrounded by highly educated teachers who are stern, supportive and nurturing. You will not find another school like this within the Philadelphia Public school. It is RANKED #2 in the state of PA. I will we have an excellent IB Program We have an excellent special needs program as well. I have seen other reviews about sports. The school was just approved to become a highs school so sports will come. Note, the school is developing LEADERS of our country so we can compete all across the globe. Since it is a smaller school the social aspect is great. My scholar has several friends that I believe will remain friends beyond the HFWA YEARS.

Posted April 13, 2014
We are a small yet big family that wants to expand. With out help from others we have our building can not hold our middle school and high school. So we have to separate them. That is not the way we want our family to split apart, plus our new high school location is not suitable for 9th,10th,11th,12th graders it is most suitable for elementary students. Besides that one down put we provide excellent instruction for are students to learn and grow in life.

Posted April 08, 2014
Hill Freedman World Academy is a fantastic school. The principal and staff are fantastic!! The student body is made up of intelligent individuals who value their education. With it being small school, all the students know each other across the grades and the staff knows them as well. The principal is stern but fair and has done at great job at keeping Hill Freedman as the jewel of the community!!

Posted February 08, 2014
I absolutely loved this school! I graduated in 2012. The wonderful teachers helped me prepare for high school so I knew what to expect. When I was in 8th grade, I was already learning 9th grade stuff so when I did get to high school, I was already ahead.

Hill J E/Freedman Samson 3

Posted November 15, 2013
I am a current 9th grade student at Hill-Freedman World Academy and to be honest I am not really Impressed with the School. First of as a energetic young boy I really love sports, and quite honestly, Hill-Freedman's sports program is nonexistent. To play sports for 9th grades we need to tryout at a neighboring HS (MLK) with kids we may not even know opening way for a unsafe environment. So, in the sports department I will have to give a 1. Next, we have academics, and I have to say it's amazing we have wonderful teachers who give us a lot of challenging and hard work so we can prepare for higher levels of education. As an I.B school (International Baccalaureate) we have a wide range of courses such as S.T.E.M African-American History and Spanish which is an amazing thing offered at this school. We also have personal projects we have to do which also gives us extra credits. So in terms of academics I give a 5. Lastly, Students and Socialization. Being a very small school for newcomers it can be very difficult to integrate yourself into the school. This is because if some students don't like you that is a lot of the class. So getting friends will be hard since the lack of people.

Posted October 30, 2013
I am a current 9th grader at Hill Freedman and honestly I am blown away by how much I've learned and grew in this experience. Since school started I've felt as if the teachers and my principle really are working hard on getting me the best education possible. A+ from me.

Hill J E/Freedman Samson
6200 Crittenden St, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified Hill J E/Freedman Samson is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.