Philadelphia, PA

Posted September 21, 2011
This school is great. This is a neighborhood school worth looking into. Just came back from Back to School Night. There was a great attendance by parents. Lots of information were available for parents to take home. As the principal stated, in addition to academics and extra curricular activities, they are also placing value on some of the old school values such as having respect, saying please, thank you, etc. In my opinion, these values are so important for today's generation in order for them to succeed in life. The principal and the staff were very well prepared, and it was an organized event. I am really looking forward to this school year.

Posted August 12, 2011
I'm glad I took the time to meet and greet the staff before deciding to transfer my kids. Clean friendly neighbourhood. Very family-oriented community. I love the fact that the school is small, so there is a greater chance my kids can get individualised attention when needed. Its a team effort with the parents and staff to keep the kids in line and it works.

Mccloskey John F School 0

Posted November 01, 2010
I have seen a huge change for the better since the new principal. There are new programs and she seems to have a real interest in the children. She greets them every morning in the yard.

Posted December 18, 2009
In the first report period, I have seen a drastic change in my kids report cards. Besides teaching what's in the the educational tools needed in today's society, the teachers also instill good moral behavior in the kids and give up or share their lunch time to spend time tutoring our kids. Nowadays most teacher don't have the time or feel the need. even the way they handle the kids when there is a disruptive student(s), there's a mediator to help dissolve the problem and work it out. All of this makes me feel good with the decision I made to transfer my kids to such a school. Located in a great clean neighborhood was also a plus in my decision.

Posted September 25, 2009
This school has a principal and staff that really cares about the children they educate. It is an excellent school that keeps parents well informed about their children's education level.

Posted August 04, 2009
i think that this school is wonderful !! thye teacher's are very attentive & patient with the students my son has did a 360 since starting there !!!

Mccloskey John F School 0

Posted May 21, 2008
My Granddaughter attends McCloskey Prekindergarten Head Start Program. This is a wonderful program, with dynamic staff. My Granddaughter cries to go to school everyday. If she could go on the weekends she would.

Posted June 03, 2004
John F Mccloskey is great. For neighborhood schools this is the best there is.

Mccloskey John F School
8500 Pickering St, Philadelphia, PA  19150
Last modified Mccloskey John F School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccloskey John F School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top