Philadelphia, PA

Pastorius Francis P School 5

Posted April 20, 2012
MY NAME IS PATTY AND I WENT TO THIS SCHOOL IN THE 60'S AND IT WAS A VERY GOOD SCHOOL.MY SON AND TWO OF MY BROTHERS ALSO WENT HERE .I WAS VERY PROUD THAT THERE WERE NO BULLIES AT THAT TIME AND VERY ONE WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.THE PEOPLE IN THE NEIBORHOOD CARE ABOUT ONE OTHER AND TREATED EACH OTHER AS ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.TIMES HAS CHANGED A WHOLE LOT AND THAT'S VERY SAD FOR THE KIDS.i rated 5 stars when i went here

Pastorius Francis P School 1

Posted April 18, 2012
This school is TERRIBLE, they let their bullies do whatever they want. The principal is no help and their is no one to help you get any answers. If something happens to your child if you don't hear it from them you won't hear it from the school. THUMBS DOWN ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS EVER

Pastorius Francis P School 1

Posted June 24, 2011
My child was the only Spanish child for 3 years and they didn't let him participate in his graduation,lunch in,or the graduation awards and what I was told the no one notice he was missing or knew about it,please the only Spanish kid in the whole school,give me a break,they was teaching him in 8th grade things the he learn in New York when he was in 5th grade,reading books wasn't mandatory,no gym,no music,and the kids used to be hanging out in the hallways and disrespecting their elders. The worst 3 years of my child life.

Pastorius Francis P School

Posted March 28, 2008
I have two girls that attend this school and was transferred from Kinsey school and they both are A and B students and this school is not a good school for kids. They don't check homework and they kids don't know if it is right or wrong. i need help in finding a good school for my girls.

Posted October 01, 2007
Currently have 2 children in the school and I agree you have to be visible. You must be in contact w/the child s teachers on a regular basis. The office help are not helpful at all. I am very disappointed in the school as a whole.

Pastorius Francis P School 2

Posted October 23, 2006
We had 3 children attend this school. I volunteered & was active with home & school. Not enough homework! a handful of determined dedicated teachers, parents, & staff that made the experience somewhat bearable. Extremely disappointed in principal's lack of leadership. There is no real consequence for bad behavior. A lot of fighting. Our children were a,b students with above average test scores & excellent behavior. Low test scores overall for the school because teachers have difficulty teaching when they have not enough support from admininistrator. If you decide to keep your child there, be a visable parent. Even that didn't keep negative things from happening to our children in this school, but at least we were aware of what was going on.

Posted July 21, 2005
I was nervous because I transferred my daughter from a private school to Pastorious. It was a smooth transition and I was comfortable with the lessons. Teachers are good! They provide good programs & do the best with what they have.

Posted March 25, 2005
I have 2 children that have attended Pastorius. The principal leadership is not the best and the discipline is not there. The teacher involvement and dedication is there from some of them but they don't receive the support they need. My children are A B students and score above average on most of the standardized tests. This school does not challenge them enough. The school really ranks below average in their test scores compared to other city schools. If you have a choice of where to send your child you don't want to send them here.

Pastorius Francis P School
5650 Sprague St, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified Pastorius Francis P School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pastorius Francis P School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top