Bad
Good

I went to this school (class of '10) and I have to say that my overall experience at this school was okay. When I went there I experienced rampant homophobia and taunting...I remember my teachers being very passionate and strict about what they did, and a lot of the students not caring so much about their education. The teachers kept a strong grip on the classroom, but there were still a lot of disruptions with them having to deal with behavior issues. To top that off, every year there was at least one big fight, and I remember in my 4th Grade year a student knocking over an elderly staff member during one of them. Aside from my peers with behavior issues, the majority of them were very caring and kind. Rowen was not the best the best experience for an elementary school, but considering the other options out there in the School District of Philadelphia, it was not as bad as it could have been. Honestly, if you live in the area you should try to transfer your children to Jenks, and if that does not work get them out of the school promptly after Kindergarten or 1st Grade.

Both of my children went to this school and i think this school has good old fashion values. The principal is very nice and gets things done. but, only thing my youngest son was jumped in the school yard earlier in the year. The teachers and staff handled everything very well by making sure that the children involved were disiplined. Now the boys are all best freinds. But, my son actually looks forward to going back next year.

This is a great School that have great old fashion values that every one will love. I went there when I was a little girl and now my kids go there today.

Last modified Rowen William School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.