Philadelphia, PA

Posted January 25, 2015
School is very convenient for my children and there doing lots of new things this year..

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a parent of a pre-schooler and the Bright Futures program is wonderful. The teacher, Mrs. Magdavitiz, is kind and caring and an overall great teacher.

Posted September 27, 2013
The years before leading up to when my own kids would go to school were good, positive, praising of how good the teachers are, the wonderful work that home and school Association does, and the principals hand on how well the school functioned. I only hope that with a lot of the school cuts.... things won't change for my children. We have been very pleased to experience Shawmonts good reputation. We feel the good structure happening at this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter is going to the Bright Futures program and I couldn't be happier with her teacher. Mrs. Magdovitz is a loving, caring teacher. I know my daughter is in wonderful hands when I drop my daughter off in her class.

Posted September 26, 2013
Shawmont is one of the best schools in Philadelphia. Our music program is wonderful. Our teachers truly care about the kids. Our Home and School is fantastic and we really support our kids and the teachers.

Posted March 13, 2012
Shawmont is a phenomenal school. The teachers and administration are top notch. The Home & School Association is extremely active and parents are always welcome at the school for any reason, from volunteering to observing.

Shawmont School 3

Posted January 22, 2012
My children attended this school for 2 years. The teachers in the lower grades were wonderful, caring, and worked with my children to meet their needs. I found some of the administration to be unprofessional and lacking. For philadelphia county this was considered a great school, but the county is a mess so that isn't saying much. No grass, swings, slides or fields just a cement yard for the kids to play and a few basketball hoops with chain nets. Parking is terrible and my request for a specialist was ignored. Children in the upper grades are bused in from West Philly and some of them are pretty rough around the edges. The teachers are trying but the admin is lacking. This school is better than most in the county, but you could definitely do better elsewhere.

Shawmont School 2

Posted November 30, 2010
When my child first attended Shawmont, I thought "now this is a great school". Teachers were hands on and the principal seemed to be very involved. Now 7 years later I am so disappointed in this school. If I had the money I would take my child out now and let him finish at a private school. The teachers don't care anymore and principal is so out of touch with the students and parents, it's pathetic. The whole Phila. School System stinks and Shawmont has definitely gone downhill. Keep your eyes and ears open because they won't tell you anything as far as your child is concerned. Can't wait until graduation.

Posted December 20, 2009

Posted October 16, 2009

Shawmont School
535 Shawmont Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19128
Last modified Shawmont School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawmont School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top