Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers go out of there way to be kind and patient, they teach the honesty, integrity and fairness by the way the present themselves. One teacher let each student in her class at the book fair pick one book each and she paid for the books with her own money because reading and learning is so important to her. That was so awesome. I was a witness to that, and I was volunteer in that day.

It has very home like feeling, like everyone is welcome and belongs here. The principal is approachable and cares. She listens to your concerns and does not dismiss them. This is a caring and giving school. The principal knows all the students names in all grades. She greets everyone with the biggest smile.

I am the same parent who submitted a review on June 2, 2009, and my opinion of Dobson has not changed at all. I love Dobson! My kids are now in 4th and 8th grade and they come home from school happy everyday and that means the world to me. The staff really cares about the development and academic growth of each child. Still the Best Kept Secret!!!

Dobson truly is a gem. Small and friendly with an extremely involved home and school association. I was concerned about sending my child to public school with all of the cut backs and issues going on with the district, but Dobson has by far exceeded my expectations and my child is thriving there. This is a high quality school that almost seems to fly under the radar, but is in my view comparable to Meredith, Penn Alexander, etc. This is what a small neighborhood public school is all about. Keep up the good work!

The school exceeding my expectations. My daughter was transferred to school from charter school. The employees really cares about the students and there is parent involvement that matters.

Dobson is a great public school. I think the staff really want to see each child succeed. As a parent with 3 children attending Dobson, I can honestly say that each teacher has managed to have a handle on where each child is academically, what assitance they might need & how to get & keep them motivated to strive for their very best. I would really like to see the curriculum include foreign language classes in the very near future. That is one area that the children could really benefit from, that's not currently addressed in the curriculum.

Im currently a student at Dobson,and I love being there!People aren't sure about sending their children to a public school,but picky parents,Dobson is the best exception.We've made AYP every year since 2002.We are the #1 elementary in the west region.The teachers are friendly,polite,and I promise you that your child's level of knowledge will grow quickly,and you'll be surprised.I've seen children in my class come to Dobson having no clue what the teachers were talking about.I've seen another student who began the year with an average score in math of 38%.This past summer,I passed out one of his tests with a 98% on it.And Dobson also has classes for Learning Support and Autistic Support.At Dobson you begin to bond with the other students,and pretty soon,usually in the month of November,Dobson is like your second family.Pick Dobson,become part of our family! 7th grade student

No human is perfect therefore no school can be perfect. My child attends school there. Yes Dobson has its good points, hence the 4 star rating, but if your child gets one 'strike' be prepared to be branded for the rest of your time at Dobson, although they say its not on the permanent record.

My son is new at this school, but I love it already. The teachers are very intuned to his needs as well as other staff members in the school. They seem very supportive and the additional help they offer is wonderful. I am grateful to have a child at this school

This school is a gem. Children are focused on learning at Dobson. The principal and teachers support the arts (e.g., theatre, music) and recreation. Individual needs and diversity are recognized. The building interior is immaculate, bright and cheery. I have paid for private schools and gotten less. --Cynthia, Parent of First Grader

Last modified Dobson James School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.