Philadelphia, PA

Edmunds Henry R School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
everything and one on one help with the kids and have different learning acts for the kids

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is HORRIFIC! RUN if you are considering this school. Like many have commented here, the staff is incompetent and it does start at the top with the principal. There is absolutely no learning going on in this school. My daughter s science teacher refused to conduct class more than half the year because of the "bad" kids, therefore students sat out on the hallway for that period every day. The first time I walked into the school, students were literally running wild and so I thought the school was dismissing early so I asked one of the staff if it was early dismissal and she just told me flat out "no, that's just the way it is here everyday, students run around like clowns". This school needs to be looked into. Of course a lot of the parents are to be blamed because good behavior starts in the home. So many strange things happen in this school, I wish I was allowed enough space in this post to explain further. I just wonder how the teachers come up with grades since there is barely any work going on. If you think this school is remotely a good place, wow, your standards couldn t be lower. (My daughter attended this school three years ago).

Edmunds Henry R School 4

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted March 22, 2009
This school has changed since last year. It is horrible. The Vice Principal, Mr. Cristy is ignorant and arrogant. The students run all over the desk in the cafeteria. The older children run all over the younger children. The teacher's have no classroom managment skills. I am in the process of trying to get my children transferred immediately. My 3rd grade son used to love school; this year Edmunds has turned him off from school. The school has also turned me off from public school period. Someone needs to take a good look into this school.

Posted June 12, 2008
This school is atrocious. The principal, the faculty i've had experience with - need to be out of the job. It's hard to find people more incapable of running a school.

Posted November 20, 2007
Teachers are great.

Edmunds Henry R School 4

Posted October 09, 2007
My children were just transferred to Edmunds this year. The teachers are effective and have great plans for the children. The school staff has good spirit and their effort shows. I've heard negative comments about the school, but I belive the school is great. What disappointed me was how some parents give teachers such a hard time. In one day, I've seen three parents yelling at the teachers for unnecessary reasons. Parents need to be more involved with their children instead of leaving the bulk of the responsibility on the teachers.

Posted October 08, 2007
I am a teacher at Edmunds. The new administration has really turned the school around for the better. The school is safe and kids are learning.

Edmunds Henry R School 2

Posted November 05, 2006
I have two children in the school. I worry every day about my younger son because the kids run wild in the school, the teachers take the first graders outside after school and leave them by there selves out side. Most of the teachers dont care about the students. I feel bad for the teachers who care and the students who want to learn.

Posted May 13, 2006

Edmunds Henry R School
1197 Haworth St, Philadelphia, PA  19124
Last modified Edmunds Henry R School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edmunds Henry R School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top