Philadelphia, PA

Ellwood School 3

Posted July 24, 2010
I have 3 children that attended Ellwood for the past 2 years. I am quite disappionted in the quality of the school's lack of resources.The staff is very dedicated to helping BOTH the student and the parent's acheive academically. There are some issue's with behavoir as well as lack of staff .Over all the school is very clean and the student's are better than most.I think if the school had more funding Ellmwood could be much better..But this is Philadelphia is'nt it?

Posted September 17, 2008
This school is horrible, teachers are not friendly to parents, principal seems to only discipline and not focus on education, no extra curricular activities, no trips, my first grader is going to be transferred as soon as possible because he says he cannot concentrate because of the noise in class

Posted July 11, 2008
My son went to kindergarten there and I was very disappointed in the academics and structure of the school. During his term there he had 4 kindergarten teachers, no stability or focus in the classrooms. I was disappointed in the lack of attention this matter received. My experience at this school was less than desirable. I would not suggest this school for kindergarten aged children.

Ellwood School 1

Posted September 24, 2004
There is no discipline at this school. My child went there for k and he is now behind. My next child was supposed to start K and after my first there was no way. I toolk them both out. The children run amuck.

Ellwood School 4

Posted April 28, 2004
Ellwood is a wonderful school. I have two children who attended here and did very well. One has graduated and still makes the honor roll. the other that is still there make the honor roll every semester. They both have done great on the PSSA. Christine Black is a wonder principle who does indeed care about the students. I know this personally. I would highly recommend Ellwood to any parent.

Ellwood School 1

Posted June 15, 2003
Principal is not interested in the children the way that she should be. There's about 5 good teachers in the school that really want to teach. The children are not the best disciplined. More than half the children were required to go to summer school. I am trying to find another school for my son. He's been at Ellwood for 4 years and each year it has gotten worse.

6701 North 13th St, Philadelphia, PA  19126
Last modified Ellwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellwood School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top