Philadelphia, PA

Finletter Thomas K School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
I'm a student at Finletter (7th grade)and grades above 6th have more mature kids and the teachers can control the kids well. The principal is great and she goes in and out of classrooms to see how well the students are doing. I don't know what people are saying that the lunchroom and school yard is complete chaos , when we need to go inside we line up and wait for the teachers (like always) and the lunchroom are kinda loud but we either get lunch or sit down at the lunch table and talk. I've been at Finletter since kindergarten and I might say until 8th but Finletter has gotten better since most teachers left and better teachers came.

Posted September 20, 2012
As a teacher I have definitely noticed a severe decline over the past ten years. It is complete chaos in the lunchroom and school yard. The school used to be a nice, positive learning environment. Since the most recent principal arrived in 2008 Finletter is now one of the worst performing schools in the district. In 2000 there were 1400 students that attended Finletter. Now there are fewer than 900. It is a shame to see a once great school become so bad in the past four years.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted March 22, 2010
I thought Finletter was a good school but now I am starting to think dfferent.Teachers at Finletter do not take responsibility for their classroom they are to busy helping teachers who bring their kids to school.I understand day care is exspensive,but the children that attends thomas finletter are being affected by this.When brought to assistant principle attention and also calling the board of education nothing still has been done. Teachers do not have time to help a student but have time to babysit co-workers kids on the clock,well I think there is something wrong with this picture.

Finletter Thomas K School 3

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted January 22, 2010
I taught at this school and left because the staff environment was so unprofessional. Tragically the students are not very well behaved at all. Most classrooms are total chaos. I was willing to stay and work hard to make my classroom a fun, safe, learning experience but the administration did not want me there as I complained that I did not agree with the procedures that the school was using with students and staff.

Finletter Thomas K School 3

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted May 20, 2009

Finletter Thomas K School 5

Posted April 14, 2009

Finletter Thomas K School
6100 North Front St, Philadelphia, PA  19120
Last modified Finletter Thomas K School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Finletter Thomas K School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top