Philadelphia, PA

Howe Julia Ward School 4

Posted May 30, 2014
The teachers are great most of them love what they do and are great at it. However the principle is very disrepectful to parents and teachers. She speaks to them in a very nasty way. She is extreamly defensive all the time and and is very difficult to talk to or reason with.

Howe Julia Ward School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
My child attended kindergartner and frist grade their.Her kindergartner teacher was very nice and I must say my daghter and i enjoyed her. However the next year there our experince was horrible. My experince with the princple was horrible she is the most disrespectful/ unaware a person and has no idea what really goes on in he school.My child was detained after school and she was more then 15 minutes late to catch her bus. So the drive called me to see where she was and told me that she hadn't come out. I called the school and the said they where aware of it. But they never informed me.I went to the school the next day to speak with her, and got very nasty with me, I was just a concerned parent

Posted July 22, 2008

Howe Julia Ward School 4

Posted April 01, 2007
My son attends this school as a Kindergartner and I love his teacher, the amount of work, the principal's firm and encouraging hand. This school has consistently made AYP three years running. The neighborhood ranges from low to middle class single and two parent households.

Posted March 27, 2006
It seems to me that everything in this school is backwards. Students behave like wild animals in the classroom. The principle has time and again sided with rude, poorly behaved students and their parents over her own staff when settling disputes. The principal consistently undermines the authority of professional level teachers/instructors/and staff in and out of the classroom. Staff moral is low as a result of this. The expectations of students entering the building are so low as a direct result of the principal's uncanny ability to undermine the frontline forces - the teachers - in their ability to perform the duties of their job. If you send your child to this school, support your son or daughter's teacher in their attempt to educate/cultivate the future of this great and historic city of Philadelphia.

Posted October 04, 2005
This school is located in an economically dsadvantaged neighborhood which leaves resources at a low. They are trying very hard to promote high reading scores and leave little to extracurricular activities. Afterschool programs don't seem to be available at this time. Standardized Tests are stressed. It seems as though there is less parent involvement, due to the working parent/single family home issues.

Howe Julia Ward School
5800 North 13th St, Philadelphia, PA  19141
Last modified Howe Julia Ward School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howe Julia Ward School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top