Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 13, 2010
I came from this school and it is great. Teachers are by your side. This school has prepared me for middle school and now I'm in high school.It's like one big family and I think your child should go there I never got in a fight in that school. Trust me they don't tollerate it.

Posted April 13, 2010
Hello I was a student a Lawton. Trust me that was a great school the teachers got you prepared for what was coming. I am going to high school now and I have learned a lot from that school. I never got in a fight in that school not once. Parents need to talk to there children because if you don't they will just take it out on people. Lawton was a great school. Has great teachers staff and wonderful principal. Adali lopez

Posted November 29, 2009
im not really happy with some teachers. My daugther was there just one year. That's year no was really good for her.

Posted September 16, 2009
best teachers,principal & students

Posted June 01, 2009
I like Lawton alot I am well respected when I walk into the school everyone knows me by name.My daughter finished fifth grade there,and my son is in fifth grade this year,My children learned at this school they are on high reading levels and good at math.I want to thank this school for all they done.

Posted May 31, 2009
As a teacher, I have noticed tremendous changes at Lawton. The positives are that we have a new extension to the building, and a wonderful staff and Principal. We also have some nice families with nice children in our building. The problem is lack of parental support. When your child enters school, it is the beginning of a partnership between the home and the school. The common goal is to look out for your child's best interest. Unfortunately, too many parents here at Lawton do not take or accept the responsibility of raising their children properly. We try to teach proper manners and morals in school, but if they aren't reinforced at home, the child will never learn of the appropriate way to act. Parents, you are the key to your child's success in life. Do your job and we'll do ours.

Posted May 28, 2009

Posted January 03, 2009
I really like this school. I was hoping that my son got Ms. McIntyre in first grade and he did. Now I know why everyone speaks so highly of her. She is wonderful!

Posted October 01, 2008
I think Lawton is a very good school the teachers and other staff do all they can to keep the bulling out of Lawton. It is not easy to be a teacher today. Children go to school tired, hungry and angry sometimes they just want to talk. but classes are getting bigger so teachers may not have time to talk to that child who has had a bad night. But they try. The Principal at Lawton tries She can't solve every thing But she will take time to talk to a child no matter if the child was right or wrong. People blame the school for kids fighting not learning and being rude All of this starts in the home. If a child is hungry or tired he or she has a bad day A Good nights sleep Full belly and Trust something all kids need

Posted July 01, 2008
Great school! I have 2 kids here 1st and 3rd grades, they love the school and so do I!

Lawton Henry W School
6101 Jackson St, Philadelphia, PA  19135
Last modified Lawton Henry W School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawton Henry W School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top