Philadelphia, PA

Posted March 01, 2010
i loved this school. i learned everything here. :) i love this school. <3

Posted September 23, 2009
I went to Bridesburg Elementary, and I moved back to the neighborhood so my children to go there too. It is consistently rated in the top 5 schools in the city and state year after year. I only wish they would have been successful in extending the grades from 6th through 8th in time for my son to stay at Bridesburg. I am proud to be a Bridesburg alumnist and parent! As far as a couple of negative reviews that I read here, you can't please everyone, no matter how good you are - and remember kids will be kids - they like to run and play, especially when they are out of school! In closing I love this school and always feel that my children are safe and being taught to be the best they can be!

Posted August 07, 2009
It is not very well organized and the teaching staff is very unfriendly. The children stand on there lines at dismissal time and when the bell rings they just all run rampid. Its rediculious.

Posted October 22, 2008
my 3 kids went to bridesburg this school is a great school the principal is great . i love this school and so did my kids i wish all school in philadelphia would be like this one.

Posted March 16, 2008
My four children goto bridesburg. We just picked up there report cards for the second report period and my two sons are on the honor roll for the second report period. my daughters grades went up from last month. I wnt to say this school has great teachers and I am proud my children attend this school. The principal treats and cares for all the children like there his own and nows everyone of his students.

Bridesburg School 4

Posted September 27, 2007
I am a mother of seven children. I have 4 children that attend bridesburg and it is there first year. Already seeing so much improvement from my second grader. Last year he could not get more then 2 right on any spelling or reading test. Already on his 1st test came home with a100. My children love the school. My other three love the school to. Besides that the principal really loves these kids. I feel comfortable sending my children to this school. They are getting the best education from this school.

Posted May 19, 2007
My son has ADD and has been treated wonderfully by his teachers, counselor, reading resource room personnel and staff. I couldn't be more pleased. He has learned so much in class and through the reading room resource center, I can never thank the school and staff enough! The teachers and counselor truly care and give my child the best any child could ask for. I volunteered full-time last year at the school so I know how dedicated, devoted and caring these educators are first-hand. Thank you Bridesburg School for your devotion to our children!

Bridesburg School 1

Posted December 18, 2006
Bridesburg is not a very good school if your child has a learning disability or ADHD (or any disabilty for that matter). My stepson was sent home his second day of kindergarten and told he had to be treated for ADHD. Once he was on medication, they let him back into school and put him in the special needs classes. Every other day, literally, he was getting sent home because they refused to deal with him or offer any help. We have since moved and he is in another local Philadelphia school and is doing wonderful. He is in 3rd grade now and mainstreamed in Science and Social Studies. He goes to a resource room for reading and writing. They also helped to get him a TSS worker to help throughout the day--BIG improvement. He has not been sent home once in the two years he has attended this other school.

Posted January 10, 2006
Best comprehensive school available. My wife and five children attended and I taught there as an intern 2003 to 05.Teachers scheme and even move into Bridesburg to become part of this staff.Experience level is high and participation in ongoing training is constant.Principal is tough, talented and devoted. School counsler is exceptional. Literacy, Math and computer teachers are unusualy integrated into the fabric of the school. Teachers and students alike rely on them. Physical plant is well maintained but crowded. Class size is at maximum at all times. Portable classrooms are ok but classes are also held in library and music uses a storeroom. Parent involvement is high and nurtured by the staff. Home and school needs more hands.The recreation center next door and the highly regarded local boys and girls club run after school programs. Especially in the leadership positions.Overall this is the school evryone wishes they went to.

Posted January 28, 2005
Bridesburg School is a fantastic school. My daughter loves going to school and loves to learn whatever the teacher is reviewing each day. This is because of the teachers and the principal. The principal, Mr Boehringer, encourages his teachers and the children. He cares for each child as if they are his own. The teachers foster learning in a fun enviorment that makes children want to learn. I only wish more parents would be involved in scholl activities and the Home and school association. Learning occurs at home as well as at school.

2824 Jenks St, Philadelphia, PA  19137
Last modified Bridesburg School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bridesburg School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top