Bad
Good

Lowell James R School 5

Posted May 19, 2013
This school is freaking fun as ever, I remember going there to a after school program called TooCan. Toocan was also a summer program were we went to different trips and swimming and yoga each week. Lowell provides breakfast and lunch, and they have art class (in which I loved so much). back to too can, the kids might say they don't like it because most after school programs let you play the whole time where as though they make you do your homework, help with anything you don't understand and provide lunches. the trips were so fun especially the one to Lancaster. I'm not going to 8th grade and I wonder if they principle is still the same. she was the best! I couldn't stand the vice though she was too Holly Jolly about everything! I wish this school went up to 12 I probably would have left at 8th but still I do kind of miss it.btw they also have the best school fairs.

Lowell James R School 4

Posted March 23, 2012
This school is like a private school in the middle of Olney. Climate is outstanding and staff (majority) seem to care. I see teachers arriving as early as 6:30 am and leaving after 5pm. My child looks forward to going to school everyday. As I read the prior review, a class with 28 students is not overcrowded considering other Philly schools. The Principal not principle is always available and involved. I'm sorry it only goes to 4th grade.

Lowell James R School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
This school has improved for the better since I was a child. My little sister went to this school. Now my two children attend the school. The teachers are excellent and show that they are really interested in the success of the children. Some of the teachers have a great rapport with most students. There are many parents like myself who are single and working who count on these teachers, help them understand that we are just as interested in the success of the children as they are. My son is reading way beyond the level he is supposed to be at. My daughter also reads beyond her level and they exceed at academics. I am very proud to have kids here and the school has shown that they are as involved as any parent would be.

Lowell James R School 1

Posted January 15, 2007
Lowell school is overcrowded. There are about 28-30 children per class and the school only goes up to the fourth grade. If there are any extracurricular activities, we do not know about them. The reading level for majority of the students is below average. When you ask for help or guidance from the teacher or principle, you are basically on your own. I was told by the principle 'Teachers are not required to spend extra time or go beyond the call of duty'. While that may be true, there are a many teachers who are willing to do just that! I currently looking for a better school for my child.

Lowell James R School
450 West Nedro Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19120
Last modified Lowell James R School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.