Philadelphia, PA

Posted May 13, 2013
I attended Ethan Allen Elementary from grades 6-8; my experience there has taught me a great deal about poor educational administration and pedagogy. As an aspiring educational leader, I have often referenced Ethan Allen in order to provide examples of what not to do. There is ample bullying, lack of disciplinary procedures, no accountability, sheer racism (from faculty, students, and parents), extreme indicators of poverty, and absolutely no value added on part of its teachers. The culture is not conducive to learning and there is a dire lack of support. If this school has taught me anything, it is how to escape and reform such egregious conditions.

Allen Ethan School 5

Posted February 16, 2013
I currently attend Allen Ethan School and everybody has it all wrong. Its not the teachers or the staff thats the problem, its the parents and the students . I have been getting my education at Allen Ethan from K-8. If the parents cared about their children they would do research on the school and find out if its a good fit for their child or not. If the students cared about their life they would pay learn and set them selves up for a great life. I was one of the few that actually cared. I was recently accepted to Central High School, the best High School in Philadelphia. Its not about where you are, its about where you are going to end up.

Posted February 05, 2013
i am a student at Ethan Allen and i am in 7 grade this is the worst school i been at people fight every day my PSSA went down i am on proficent now i am on basic so this is the wrost school and i didn't learn half the staff i need to learn pppppplease HHHHEEELLLPPPP ME :(

Posted March 23, 2011
Deeply troubled school. Serious problems with overcrowding & disorganization. Bullying and misbehavior disrupt large amounts of instructional time. Administration overburdened and ineffective. NOTHING gets resolved and students are suffering.

Posted August 05, 2010
please I need concrete information about the school, because I moved near the school and I have a son who goes to that school and want to know if the school is reliable and good to enroll my child. Please I need information as soon as possible, thank you very much.

Posted June 29, 2010
My one child was assaulted by six students at Ethan Allen in her classroom. My 2nd grader had a pocket knife held to his throat. I never received any notification from any administrators on either incident. There is a predominance of bullies and lack of responsibility by the adults.

Allen Ethan School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
ethan allen is a greta school!teacher are great,principal very lovebal and helpfull to the school.

Posted November 06, 2009

Allen Ethan School 5

Posted August 17, 2009
i have been in Ethan Allen likeee my whole life & i love it.i think that it is the best school ever.i learned so muchhh here and i would never change anything about it.well maybe there lunchs but other then that i love it.i really dont know where i would be without the help of the teachers there.some parent may think that this school is not the right one for there kid but you know what your kids are the ones missing out.i love it here!!

Allen Ethan School 0

Posted June 19, 2009
This school is wonderful, my son has learned a lot from his teacher, Mr. L is a great guy and an awesome teacher!!

Allen Ethan School
6329 Battersby St, Philadelphia, PA  19149
Last modified Allen Ethan School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Ethan School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top