Posted June 20, 2014
Comly is very good considering all the mess that the incompetent people at city hall have created. The school fair on a weekend kinda sucked this year, and the lunch periods just seem too military like. But people seem to really care and my kid seems to be at a good level in all areas. He has attended kindergarten and 1st grade there. Hopefully the mayor and his cronies can get more help to all the schools.

Posted January 28, 2014
Yes school is great,but like a place where you can spend time.There is such a nice and friendly staff.All of them:teachers, assistants lunch room ladies,bus drivers,but ,you know, our academical program could be much better.My son a 2nd grader now,and they still learn a kindergarten level staff now.They have absolutely no challenge at school.So sad.A lots of bright student have to repeat the same things a hundred times..

Posted January 22, 2014
Our bus driver this 2013-14 year is such a nice lady! She always comes exactly on time & waits for a min or two for us to get to the bus. She would always smile & make me feel relieved for our hectic mornings. We're lucky & I trully hope she continues to come at least till the end of the school year.. Once I dealt with the new Principal over the e-mail & the next time it was proved the problem was solved. The teacher is also nice.

Posted January 20, 2014
Comly is a wonderful school. I grew up in Phila. and have attended many differwnt schools in the city due to my parents moving often so I know a good school! My child is in 1st grade and has been going here for two years. She absolutely loves it. They are very family oriented and do a lot of fundraising to be able to get the kids new things fpr the classrooms including smart boards. The staff is wonderful, the new principal kept things the same. The school os clean, they are just awesome. My daughter can't wait to get there each morning. My only complaint is thay the school busses are not really on schedule. They come early and don't wait, and some times are an hour late with no notice to us parents but this is NOT the schools fault! If the bussing situation was under control it would be amazing . Hands down THE best elementary school in the Philadelphia School District!!!

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter has been attending comly since 2009. She's always succeded the teachers are excellent. They are a safety school. Very careful & cautious. Always hit academic progress every year. My daughter gets above average reading levels. I love this school and my daughter will graduate she will def be coming back to visit.

Comly Watson School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
As a former parent of a child who graduates from Comly elementary, I am shocked at the low reading scores. My daughter graduated in 2011. Her love of reading started in 1st grade (thanks to her teacher) and has continued. Comly had a great Read to me(kindergarten) and Reading on own(1st-5th) with log sheets program. I believe they continued this, but not as progressive as it once was. Comly was once a great school with caring and loving teachers - Mostly all have now retired. I'm sure the new teachers are very good but something appears to be missing.

Posted April 30, 2013
Our school is not that bad.Teachers is good.I talk about K and 1st grades teachers,because my son is only at 1st grade now.School stuff is nice and friendly.The worst part is a menu at lunch..It's terrible,but it is not schools fault,of course.

Comly Watson School 1

Posted October 26, 2011
Not happy about Mrs.Zoo's constant yelling at my kids in the lunchroom. They also have the children stand against the wall all period of lunch. Teachers are ok and principal too. Not at all happy with lunch hour though.

Comly Watson School 0

Posted November 09, 2010
Caring enviroment, including all of the teachers, office staff, lunch staff, and parents. everyone seems to pull together. And they taught my son to read in 60 days.... AMAZING!!!!

Posted November 06, 2010
Comly has excellent teachers and staff.

Comly Watson School
1001 Byberry Rd, Philadelphia, PA  19116
(215) 961-2008
Last modified Comly Watson School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Comly Watson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top