Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,045

Posted October 03, 2013
has very good behavior and very good teachers. All the parents are also very involved with all things that happen.

Mayfair School 4

Posted September 05, 2013
This is a great school! The teachers are very good and help a lot. They have sports and after school clubs. But there is no art room or music room.

Mayfair School 3

Posted September 03, 2013
I am a student at Mayfair.I think that Mayfair is an average school. This year since we have a new principle, my parents tend to be more relieved and happy about the safety changes. I love how Mr. Lowery has made it a much safer school. But there are some negatives, too. What is am very not happy about were some of the changes. During the Mustang trip, there was no sudden announcement that we were supposed to line outside instead of the auditorium. We have to stay informed. Also, I personally think it was better when we we had announcements at the end of the day instead of in the morning. For example, since I was in one of the clubs afterschool, how was I supposed to tell her that it was cancelled? Also the bad thing about this school, is that there are a lot of fights and cursing around at lunch time and recess, but the lunch teachers dont tend to care. There a lot of students who say inappropriate things and they are disturbing!!!! BUT, Mayfair does have hardworking teachers who want to teach the students the best!!!

Mayfair School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
I have 2 daughters in 5th & 6th grade, and both attended Mayfair since kindergarten. I think that with the recent staff changes, Mayfair has the potential to become an excellent school. The former principal, Ms. Besden, was HORRIFIC! I ve had numerous problems during her service, some of which were of a very serious nature. Of the times that I was actually informed of an issue as it developed, she always seemed to make light of the situation & attempt to sweep it under the rug , instead of taking a professional approach & provide us with a solution. I am, however, still satisfied with the quality education that my children have received, considering they consistently receive honors, with very little effort on my part. (I have a full time job, working long hours & am not always available to help with homework/projects.) The teachers that I ve met are great! The teachers are what make Mayfair a great school for my children. The new principal, Guy Lowery, has this school heading in the right direction. He already made several positive changes that affect the students, teachers, parents & community. I am now proud to say my children are students at Mayfair School!

Posted January 10, 2013
I'm a student at Mayfair. I am mentally gifted, so I'm in the MG program. The teachers are patient if you don't understand something. There aren't any real behavior problems because the teachers do there job, making sure everyone's safe and everyone's on the same track. No child is rushed everyone goes at there own speed. There are A LOT of kids in MG. Which is great! Every year they do a talent show. But, the thing that bothers me about the talent show is that it is only for kids in 5th grade and up. That's annoying to me because I love to sing and 3rd and 4th grade I was so excited about the talent show and I couldn't wait! I love Mayfair Elementary School! I would suggest that you send you're kid there!

Posted September 26, 2012
I have two children in Mayfair. Both students are advanced and receive honors. I am extremely pleased with the quality education that my children receive at Mayfair. The administration and staff of Mayfair provide enriched curriculum coupled with fundamentals and goals, preparing students for high school and beyond. Mayfair is an excellent school. Education is dependent on a strong parent / school relationship. As the parent I am ultimately responsible for insuring that my children are receiving a quality education and that the school is meeting the needs of the students.I do not assume that my school is meeting local and national educational standards, I have researched it and I can confirm that Mayfair is meeting above any other local schools public, private and parochial. I encourage all parents research their schools information. And I recommend that all parents take part in school activities and volunteer. I have found that doing so has provided me with first hand experience to gauge my overall satisfaction with both the school and my childrens progress.

Posted July 12, 2010
this school is the best school in the 19149 area I wish i was at that school

Mayfair School 0

Posted November 18, 2008
i have 3 kids that means i tried a lot of schools including the private ones. but mayfair school is the best one i tried so far. i love it and my kids do too . i don't think i'm switching them again not even for a charter school.

Mayfair School 3

Posted January 03, 2008

Mayfair School 0

Posted August 23, 2007
My son recently went to mayfair for one month from a Catholic school. The first week he thought was great. no dicipline and plenty of bad examples from other kids that he nicely picked up. let's just say he is back in a Catholic school. My son actually wanted to be diciplined again he said the teachers are night and day from Catholic school teachers from their attitudes down to their dress codes, this is comming from my sons mouth, not mine. And i definitly agree with the parent that said the principle and teachers have no control over those students . It's like a zoo. I as a parent never experienced anything like it.

Mayfair School
3001 Princeton Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19149
Last modified Mayfair School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayfair School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top