Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,320

Spruance Gilbert School 2

Posted December 17, 2014
Very unhappy with both of my childrens experiences. My oldest child was diagnosed with ADHD and his teacher was so persistant about getting him medicated. He is now at a much better school and doing a hundred times better with no medication needed, just the right kind of teachers who actually love their job. If your child is having problems take him out of that school asap!

Posted March 20, 2014
My grandkids go to this school, have for 4 yrs. The past two years this school has become so violent. Every single day we had a fight outside the doors on levick st across from my home. Today I ran out barefoot to help a child who was being jumped. I called last year and asked for adult supervision as they kids exit to end the fights and still no adults watching putt children. It's not a safe school when your kids can't exit the school safe. Kids wait outside the school instead of being made to keep walking. This school has nothing but rude pl working in the office who could care less about you let alone your child. Last year my granddaughter was hit in the head by a boy while three other boys pushed and bit her and when I went in snapping about why not adult helped her they wanted to call the police on me? ??! Who wouldn't be upset after that. If your short staff then ask for parents to help outside as volunteers. For now. This school is not safe. If your child goes to this school. Please pick them up. Carmen Martinez creasy cares

Spruance Gilbert School 4

Posted June 03, 2010
Great School...Very diverse population! We love it there. We feel that our children are safe and nutured. The education is priceless!

Posted May 07, 2010

Spruance Gilbert School 3

Posted March 04, 2010
I honestly don't know how to rate Spruance. I have a son currently in their pre-K class (bright futures). First my pros, I do think they are doing a good job with the education because I see a positive change in my son's abilities. HOWEVER the cons are that the teachers have no personality at all. They don't speak to the parents when the come in and they have no enthusiasm with the kids and they only share negative feedback with the parents. Their quick to tell me my son was standing on a chair but when he gets 4 stars on his homework they never say 'Your son did good'. Other parents have expressed the same concern. It may seem small to some but a good relationship with my kids teachers is important to me. I have a tough choice for next year.

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted December 19, 2007

Posted September 03, 2007

Posted September 03, 2007

Spruance Gilbert School 4

Posted July 26, 2006

Spruance Gilbert School
6401 Horrocks St, Philadelphia, PA  19149
Last modified Spruance Gilbert School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spruance Gilbert School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top