Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Listen , tjere are so much the school teachers can do for the students . Integrity , discipline , good behavior should be learned from Home and parents has to teach their child. I think the neighborhood parents should be hold accountable for their kids behavior, not the teachers.

We put an offer to a house in this area, after putting an offer to the house my wife and I thought of checking out the nearby baseball field and the school Gym in the school area. While my 5 year old son playing in the park , there are few kids 6-9 years old are bulling my choke and they even bullied my child and took the swing away from him. The local kids are very rough and they also said bad words to my 5 year old son. My son was crying and coming to us and telling us "mummy ,dad I don't like this park , I want to go home" . Rigjt that moment , we cancel our offer on the house on that area. We will never ever go there . If the neighborhood school park is this rough then how the school will be ??

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We've only had Mrs. Pedraz, but she was very good and the other Kindergarten teacher we met seemed just as dedicated.

Amount of homework: Agree

Since I am raising a grand daughter it's been a long time since I was in school. But I think homework is very important to keep the parents in the know!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is so very diverse. There are children here from every part of the world and they are all treated equally. The principle is so dedicated and professional. He may seem stern of disinterested at times, but his mind is going a mile a minute keeping his pupils safe and thee school running smoothly. But he is great at letting the kids know they are all there to LEARN!!!!

My Grand daughter started there in Kindergarten and she had Mrs. Pedraz. She was so patient and kind not only to my grand daughter but to us as a family. Great teacher too! Very concerned with her pupils.

I'm not sending my child to this school when I get older. They need to handle the bullying and the negativity or things will get worse.

I am a student at Louis H Farrell , and with school starting a week from today , I'm thinking about it . The school & staff are pretty good , they have their good points, but also their bad. The school has little to almost no heating in the winter, and only air conditioning in the office and few classrooms, (kindergarden mostly , and computer lab). Then we have the bathrooms, I know for a fact the one on the third floor can be rather nasty. Other than that, the principal and his staff are on point. And with bullying they try to put its to a stop .They try .

I love this school. I was here for seven years. Now I'm going to seventh grade but because of the budget cut, the school isn't doing so well. The only year I didn't like was sixth grade. I loved teachers especially in fifth grade. I loved Mr.William

My son has gone to Farrell since 2nd grade. He is going into the 7th grade this year. We have had a great experience until his 5th grade year. He had a teacher who was not professional, meaning she was lazy, did not give homework & when she did it was given to the kids as they were being dismissed from school at the end of the day. She was very unorganized & did not give book reports or projects. When we asked why she said it was because some kids don't have the support or help at home and it wouldn't be fair if some came in with great reports and some with not so good reports. WHAT? Never heard such a answer. It was a bad year & he did not learn much. Again in 6th grade nothing but issues. When I asked the principal what was going on he snapped at me. I felt like students & parents were hanging enough not knowing who their next sub was going to be & not knowing what the year had in store. Another school year wasted. Praying this year will be better. I think there could be a lot more communication between parents and staff. Just like all schools, there are a lot of great teachers & staff as well as average. He has been a honor student since 2nd grade & we plan to keep it that way!

Last modified Farrell Louis H School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.