Posted September 02, 2013
I am a student at Louis H Farrell , and with school starting a week from today , I'm thinking about it . The school & staff are pretty good , they have their good points, but also their bad. The school has little to almost no heating in the winter, and only air conditioning in the office and few classrooms, (kindergarden mostly , and computer lab). Then we have the bathrooms, I know for a fact the one on the third floor can be rather nasty. Other than that, the principal and his staff are on point. And with bullying they try to put its to a stop .They try .

Posted August 09, 2013
My son has gone to Farrell since 2nd grade. He is going into the 7th grade this year. We have had a great experience until his 5th grade year. He had a teacher who was not professional, meaning she was lazy, did not give homework & when she did it was given to the kids as they were being dismissed from school at the end of the day. She was very unorganized & did not give book reports or projects. When we asked why she said it was because some kids don't have the support or help at home and it wouldn't be fair if some came in with great reports and some with not so good reports. WHAT? Never heard such a answer. It was a bad year & he did not learn much. Again in 6th grade nothing but issues. When I asked the principal what was going on he snapped at me. I felt like students & parents were hanging enough not knowing who their next sub was going to be & not knowing what the year had in store. Another school year wasted. Praying this year will be better. I think there could be a lot more communication between parents and staff. Just like all schools, there are a lot of great teachers & staff as well as average. He has been a honor student since 2nd grade & we plan to keep it that way!

Farrell Louis H School 1

Posted February 15, 2013
This school has the worst 3rd grade teachers as there is no criteria to judge the teacher performance and despite asking for what kids are doing in the class they blame kids for the mistake and don't take the responsibility of their own actions. Show a very good impression at first and then start picking up on kids and never communicate the improvements nor alert the parents for the tests. On the report card day, when you ask them why are they not communicating to us, their answer is blame game and sometimes rude behavior. Made a biggest mistake of my wife on sending my kid to this school and especially to this 3rd grade. I'll be making a call to school district of Philadelphia later Tuesday otherwise will switch the school for my kid. NEVER SEND YOUR KIDS TO 3RD GRADE TEACHERS AS THEY ARE THE WORST...

Farrell Louis H School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
I went to Farrell for seventh & eighth grade and I think that based on my experience at Farrell, it is an overall good school. There are a few students who aren't willing to make an effort and learn much, but the good thing is that they get separated from the smart students. So there are no class distractions. Also, the teachers are awesome, I got all As and Bs in my seventh and eighth grade years at Farrell and I can honestly say that I worked for my grades and it wasn't "easy", it was a bit challenging, but not too challenging. Farrell is a great school, and most of the students in my eighth grade graduating class got accepted to Central High School, Northeast Magnet, Rush High School, and CAPA. Those are some of the best high schools in Philadelphia. Although, I only went to Farrell for seventh and eighth grade, so I do not know what the lower grades are like. But my experience at Farrell was better than at my old school. I strongly recommend you send your child to Farrell School.

Farrell Louis H School 1

Posted September 19, 2009

Farrell Louis H School 5

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted September 29, 2008

Farrell Louis H School 0

Posted June 06, 2008
This is one of the best elementary schools in Philadelphia. Both of my children attended from grades K-8 and both received a quality education that enabled them to attend magnet schools. The school is well-organized and has a caring principal and staff. It is also a safe and friendly place for students. In regard to the parent who complained about school lunches - ALL schools serve the same lunches in Philly. Talk to the district about that (I agree they are disgusting). But as an educator myself, I can say without question that the children who attend Farrell are lucky to do so.

Posted April 15, 2008

Farrell Louis H School 5

Posted April 14, 2008

Farrell Louis H School
8300 Castor Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19152
Last modified Farrell Louis H School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farrell Louis H School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.