Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 21, 2015
We've only had Mrs. Pedraz, but she was very good and the other Kindergarten teacher we met seemed just as dedicated.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 21, 2015
Since I am raising a grand daughter it's been a long time since I was in school. But I think homework is very important to keep the parents in the know!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
The principal is always asking kids, "Is your homework done?" "Did you finish that assignment?" He remembers them by name and teacher and that's pretty impressive!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
Of course!!! With so many different cultures, children learn that we are really all just one people, trying to learn and life in this world together.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
Again, because of the diversity of the children, Mr. Cirilli has to keep up with all the different cultures and religions. He does so with compassion and caring and the children see it! This man is a great principal and he shows he cares.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
This school is so very diverse. There are children here from every part of the world and they are all treated equally. The principle is so dedicated and professional. He may seem stern of disinterested at times, but his mind is going a mile a minute keeping his pupils safe and thee school running smoothly. But he is great at letting the kids know they are all there to LEARN!!!!

Farrell Louis H School 5

Posted August 21, 2015
My Grand daughter started there in Kindergarten and she had Mrs. Pedraz. She was so patient and kind not only to my grand daughter but to us as a family. Great teacher too! Very concerned with her pupils.

Farrell Louis H School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
I'm not sending my child to this school when I get older. They need to handle the bullying and the negativity or things will get worse.

Farrell Louis H School 3

Posted September 02, 2013
I am a student at Louis H Farrell , and with school starting a week from today , I'm thinking about it . The school & staff are pretty good , they have their good points, but also their bad. The school has little to almost no heating in the winter, and only air conditioning in the office and few classrooms, (kindergarden mostly , and computer lab). Then we have the bathrooms, I know for a fact the one on the third floor can be rather nasty. Other than that, the principal and his staff are on point. And with bullying they try to put its to a stop .They try .

Farrell Louis H School 4

Posted August 28, 2013
I love this school. I was here for seven years. Now I'm going to seventh grade but because of the budget cut, the school isn't doing so well. The only year I didn't like was sixth grade. I loved teachers especially in fifth grade. I loved Mr.William

8300 Castor Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19152
Last modified Farrell Louis H School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farrell Louis H School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top