Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School 4

Posted January 24, 2014
Seven children of mine have attended this school.I am graeful for the experience that each child has had.The principal is accessible and the teachers will communicate with you.It is important that parents be involved in every aspect of a students' education and the environment to achieve success.Three of my children have attended college,2 have excellent professions and one is currently attending A.L Fitzpatrick. I know that my children's early education experience at this school had a great deal to do with it. Kudos to Principal Klein and Principal Glazer.With all the challenges that the "powers that be" place on schools; you have manage to make it work for our children.Thanks you.

Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School 3

Posted August 10, 2013
I'am a student who goes to this school, it is an okay school, some teachers and very nice and helpful while other are just mean ! this year the school is supossed to be changed alot ! and one of my favorite lunch aids mrs,g , got layed off and we are not going to have music or art or anything else besides gym bc of budget cuts ! the assistant principle is horrible my friend was getting bullied and she did nothing to help ! i eventually told one of my fav 7 th grad teachers ms.MaCallister and she helped alot !

Posted September 13, 2012
They just went back to school on the 7Th?????? so much drama in less than a week????? Fitz, is great and so is the Principal, I find ur comments un believable at the very least. And yes Children today are sissies.

Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School 1

Posted September 10, 2012
This school is awful! On multiple occasions I was in the Vice Principle's office for my child being bullied. NEVER spoke with the principle. She was never around. The child, who bullied my son, was on a lunch detention for the whole year. The child was signing into the lunch detention, than going outside to pick on kids in the schoolyard. The lunch monitors never saw anything. While my infant was in the NICU, a teacher told my son, " Stop eating whatever it is that you are eating at lunch because you smell" in front of the entire classroom. Meanwhile, my child had told her (in private) that his neighbor had an odor. When I confronted the teacher, she stated " your child is very sensitive" . REALLY! Go tell your co-worker that they smell in front of everyone and see what response you recieve. It's mean and insensitive. I CAN NOT believe I trusted my son with these people.

Posted April 21, 2010
I'm voting for my daughter, Sydney's school because they have some of the most caring teachers around the area. They encourage the children in many ways. For instance, my daughter loves the guitar and wanted to learn to play but she is very shy. Her teacher, Mrs. Cornell's husband just happened to have a after school club for guitar lessons and Sydney joined much to my surprise. They also watch out for the students by helping them socially, making sure that arguments are discussed and helping them to understand each other. But above all they are excellent at their main job of teaching our children. My daughter is an honor roll student, has been student of the month, is advanced in reading, writing and mathematics an A student most subjects and B's in the rest. She is a very happy, confident girl and I believe that Fitzpatrick has a lot to do with it. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their children to have a great school experience.

Posted April 21, 2010
both of my children have been in fitzpatrick since kindergarden and my daughter is graduating 8th grade this year. While my daughter has been honor roll since kindergarden (so proud of her) my son has an iep for math and reading and is doing better and better each year. The teachers really care and the programs they offer are wonderful

Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School 1

Posted December 07, 2009
If your child has learning disabilities this is the worst school. We recently moved to another district and my 7th grader is only at a third grade reading level, second grade math, and cannot comprehend a simple paragraph. If you want your child to fall thru the cracks this is the school!!!!

Posted September 03, 2009
My granddaughter has gone to fitz since first grade and is currently going into fourth.I think it's a great school with dedicated teachers and a wondeful, hardworking principal.Each year she had a terrific teacher who cared about her personally as well as academically.

Posted July 04, 2009

Posted March 06, 2009
My child has transferred from another school in the area and this was the best thing we did for her. She is now been given the proper attention and has been doing remarkable. The teachers at Fitz are very helpful and work along with my daughter to get her the education she needs.

Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School
11061 Knights Rd, Philadelphia, PA  19154
Last modified Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fitzpatrick Aloysius L School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.