Posted November 20, 2014
Terrible place to work, and to place a child who actually wants to learn. Never in my life did I think I would leave a job that I cared so much about, but that place will drive you out. Behaviors were beyond controllable...very violent and no support from the administration. They only say "Its your classroom management" until you start to believe it. Guess what: Its not my classroom management. No human being could handle crazy destructive behaviors in a classroom of thirty kids and zero assistance. In fact, the principal asked security to leave my classroom and proceeded to watch from the hallway, as a child attacked me to "see how I would handle it". Yet when Corporate came to visit I had three assistants in the room. It broke my heart to see the ones who wanted to learn and have to stop every lesson to hold down a kid from trashing the class, beating down a student, or running from the room. Worst experience of my life. SHAME ON YOU UNIVERSAL!!

Posted June 10, 2010
This school is the worst school ever theres always fighting going on cursing little kids that are 4 wearing the wrong uniform hat turned sides ways girls wearing pink and jeans but the uniform is red top and blue bottoms bluford is currently at kipp west philadelphia prep and are teasing their students i would not send your child here they really dont even learn nothing here the teachers quit onlikethe second month because hey dont want to deal with that kids that are afraid because every day there is a bully there is no protection over this school what so ever boys and girls trying to date right in front of the staff and teachers gripping them up i got one thing for you parents do not send your child to bluford elementary school !!! and thats a fact

Bluford Guion Elementary School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
Not happy with this school at all. My son, a third grader is miserable here. He is constantly being teased and bullied. I transferred him out of the private school he was attending and since then his grades has dropped. My youngest son also attends the school, has been transferred from his orginal class not once but twice since sept. The reason given, they was tring to reduce class size. Oh and after the second class removal his teacher had left and was assign a new teacher. Which makes a total of 4 different teachers since the beginning of the school year.

Posted November 06, 2008
Bluford is by far the worst school in the city. I had to remove my son from here for continuous fighting. I am however having a difficult time removing my daughter. She is a honor roll student and I am afraid she will not succeed in bliford because of the constant disruptions. The staff is extremely unprofessional. i am very upset with the classroom performance overall

Posted August 31, 2006
Bluford is a school where the children don't come first. Each child is encouraged to do their best but are labeled as either smart or dumb. Some of the teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal isn't kind and not only dose she not know each child by name but also don t call or talk to the parents .This school is a big disappointment.

Bluford Guion Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2005

Bluford Guion Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2004

Bluford Guion Elementary School
5801 Media St, Philadelphia, PA  19131
Last modified Bluford Guion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6
Bluford Guion Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top