Philadelphia, PA

Posted June 03, 2015
This school needs a 360 degree change. I am highly disappointed with the overall organization of their program. The security and safety protocal needs serious revamping. I have witnessed on several occasions adults other than staff going up the stairways without checking in with the office. I recently paid a visit and was allowed up to the teacher's class without the office or other personnel giving the teacher a courtesy call only to be disappointed at the condition of the room. Did not look like an environment conducive for learning and the teacher sitting at the desk while children are walking around. On inclement days teachers do not pick up their children from a designated place, the children walk on their own to their classrooms. This shows a lack of accountability and concern as educators for such young children. Children do not walk in pairs in the hallways, after the abduction of the little girl it became district policy that children should not be in the hallways without a partner. It's even scarier in this school because of the lack of concern of adults that are not staff roaming around. All the protocols and policies that should be generally implemented is missing in this school. Parent involvement is essential, but that too is missing. I pray that someone who sincerely has a genuine concern about these urban youth at Kenderton being able to excel and succeed come in and work with this principal for he doesn't have a clue! Parents wake up and get involved!

Posted June 12, 2006
Art and music programs are nice, but how about getting the students back on track first? I've seen and heard way too much foul language from students that was gearded towards other students as well as toward some of the teachers. I've seen and been told about too many acts of violence in the school. I've even tried to talk with the new principal and she seems to have her head buried in the sand. Needless to say, my child no longer attends this school. Kenderton used to have some great teachers, but most of them have left. The few that haven't gone, have a hard time trying to keep it together. It's a crying shame!

Kenderton School 3

Posted July 17, 2005
Could stand a positive change. There are children who can definitely profit from a good Art and instrumental music program. School district behavior policies need to be followed so that all of the children can benefit from the lessons taught by the teachers in this school. I believe the majority of the teachers in this school honestly care about the students attending Kenderton, but often times they spend too much time with discipline problems in their classrooms.

Posted November 12, 2004
Kenderton used to be an alright school until Edison took over. Since it was over staff morale has been at an all time low. There is no specific extracurricular activites for my child .They went from 2 computers in a classroom to no computers in a class room. They also have no more library, no more arts program, lots of extra resources to no extra resources. The Principal is one who in my opinion makes no decisions on his own, his assistant principal calls the shots. He is just theein name.. Test scores went up, but I really don't believe it. They would do anything to make it seem like the school is that fantastic. Credit needs to be given to the staff who work in that environment.My child had a few great teachers there and I can say a few.Kenderton needs a real principal, not one who cheats.

Kenderton School 3

Posted September 24, 2004
I am a taxpayer and concerned grandmother. I want to know why my grandchildren are being made to pay 50 cents to 'dress down' on Fridays? That is ludicrous. My daughter has 4 children attending Kenderton. When asked what the money went towards that these children pay for 'dress down' day it was said the money goes towards transportation for the children when they go on trips etc. The school is alloted a certain amount of money for activities, school trips etc. I am seriously questioning the intent of the faculty and principal. Because these children are from mostly low income families do not treat them as if they are inept or abysmal. Treat them as if they are 'premium'. This 'shake down' has got to stop.

Kenderton School 5

Posted September 15, 2004
My children have just started attending Kenderton k-middle school in the Philadelphia area. And as me being a parent I have to say for now I'm totally satisfied, and happy so is my children. I looks at the school along with all that's involve, a blessing. Most of all the parents are welcome to join the educational inviroment that's there. For our children. There success and potientials are very important to explore at Kenderton.

Kenderton School
1500 West Ontario St, Philadelphia, PA  19140
Last modified Kenderton School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenderton School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top