Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Pollock Robert B School 1

Posted May 16, 2016
This school is the worst my son was hit in the face by a bigger kid his head hit the wall and know one called me . My son didn't even see a nurse , when I went to school the principal said he is to busy to always call parents. The only phone call I received was my son calling me from his phone in the bathroom. Unbelievable, right!

Pollock Robert B School 4

Posted October 03, 2013
Pollock elementary school is one of the best schools my daughter has ever gone to. The involvement of the teachers and staff is great. They offer art and music for my child. This is a new school year for my daughter at Pollock and she loves it!

Posted April 06, 2010
My son went to Robert Pollock Elementary School and I can say it's not bad and it's great either. There are some great teacher and there is some impatient teacher. The receptionist was OK then they will help you right away. But they are not the top of stopping the bullying. I am great that my son was done in that school.

Pollock Robert B School 5

Posted August 06, 2009
Blue ribbon! The teachers are dedicated, and they work hard. The extra (academic and social) programs that are available for students are Extended Day, Accelerated Reader, First In Math, Study Island, the Food Trust, Eat Right Now, DARE, Brain Child, Pollock Naturalists, Actor's studio, Line Dancing, band, orchestra, choir, charm club, and soccer. Not all schools provide these opportunities, -they are extra. Pollock has achieved a National Blue Ribbon from the United States Department of Education- based on the overall academic excellence, test scores, and services available, and has made AYP for 7 years in a row! That's an amazing set of credentials for a school that has taken a lot of criticism on this site. No school is perfect, but Pollock earned the highest, most prestigious award in the nation.....because teachers work hard to see that all students achieve. Test scores show- they do!

Pollock Robert B School 5

Posted September 19, 2008
The school is great and so is the new principal. The students love her as do the parents. The changes in this school have been long overdue. The old administration and so called leaders had too much power.

Posted August 17, 2008
My son has attended Pollock for the past 3 years, & is entering 6th grade. I am disappointed with this school. They have a great Math program, but lacking in reading. In 5th grade, the list of books my son was tested on (either that they read themselves or that were read to them) were below grade level (ie a 3rd grader could read them) for which they earned AR points. When I questioned him, the answer was 'That was what was available'. He receives very little homework and there is very little 'challenge' to the overall education. My son also had 'issues' with one or two students, and the administration was not too effective in solving the problem. When I suggested a face to face meeting with myself, the school, the other student and his parents, the answer was 'We don't do that.' The problem still continues.

Pollock Robert B School 1

Posted July 04, 2007
Let me tell you about Pollock school. In my view, conditions are really getting worse. My goodness - There is not one good place for the children in this great big school to wash their hands with soap and hot water. There is no restroom in the lunch area and staff is not permitted to routinely send the students to a restroom to wash their hands before they eat their lunch. Not that that would help much. The sinks barely have any water pressure and I have never gotten any of them to get hot water. The soap dispensers and paper towels are sub-par also. I honestly feel that this school is full of germs! It is disgusting. This is just one reason that I do NOT recommend that you send your children here. I have worked here a long time and I see a lot of unpleasant stuff that goes on.

Posted June 16, 2007
It seems that when my elder childrens went here they learned better and had a funner time doing so. My youngens just do not seem to be as enthused. If you ask me that there principal is the problem

Pollock Robert B School 2

Posted May 08, 2007
This school has been a big disappointment. Its outstanding reading intervention program dramatically deteriorated last year when the teacher who ran the program left the school. Now, that program is currently mediocre at best. The people who run this school seem to be frequently very disorganized and unmotivated. I feel very strongly that they are lacking in the key elements of creativity and intellect required to capture the attention of the students. My children and their peers soon tired of the boring and predictable routine. I just don t feel that this is the best learning environment for children. There are some potentially outstanding teachers at this school. My children are now much happier in their new school.

Pollock Robert B School 3

Posted March 24, 2007
This school is riding on it's reputation. It has many good teachers, but the leadership is in need of change.

2850 Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA  19152
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. (215) 961-2004
Last modified Pollock Robert B School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.