Bad
Good

Posted February 14, 2015
This is a great place to work because of the principal and the staff. There is so much camaraderie. I am first year teacher in the district. I find the staff so helpful and friendly. My students are a handful but after 3 months they are beginning to response in a positive way towards the classroom rules and procedures. I just wished that my parents were more involved in their child's education and dedicated. Some of my parents are really great, they are involved, they work with me, we have a partnership. We all want the same thing for the children, a quality education. Knowledge is power.

Huey Samuel B School 4

Posted April 21, 2014
The Samuel Huey School is a School that is in Need of Some Help. As with Most Schools these days. The Teachers are Trying Hard. The Students do The Best They Can with what They Have. Yes they Could, and Should get All the Help You /We Can Offer. It's One School Left in the West Philadelphia Area. K-8th. So , Give Them A Hand For The Kids!

Huey Samuel B School 2

Posted August 12, 2013
Wow. As ex student I can't believe this school has such high ratings. I don't know how much it's changed since I left but from what I can remember it's kids so mean that teachers cry, sub par education, and broken ac/ heaters.Haven't been since 2007 so maybe thing have changed.

Huey Samuel B School 3

Posted July 13, 2011
My son started here or K and 1st grade. After certain situations that I thought wasn't fair to the lower level kids, I decided to transfer. My son has been on the honor since K and hasn't been recognized for that until the second marking period when he was in the 1st grade. I had to complain almost everyday for my son to be praised and recognized for his hard work. Kids need to be awarded and embraced from getting good grades and excellent behavior. As far as the Principal, I have mixed feelings. He tends to care about the kids that are in higher grades starting from the 5th grade. I do see that he is highly involved in that aspect but when it comes to education, safety, and parental involvement this is where he lacks. The counselor is ghetto and outspoken a little too much for her to be in that position. The teachers are GREAT and the ones who care and are involved and more concerned than the parents and Principal. Luckily me and my family are not from West philly so majority of the kids are just a product of their enviornment--sad to say. Overall I really wouldn't recommend anyone to send there child here unless you're desperate to enroll.

Posted December 15, 2010
I am sadened by the comment that was left by the parent that said such horrible things about The Principal and Vice Principal of Huey Elementary. I did my student teaching there and I had a wonderful experience. I was not only given a qualified veteran teacher to work with, I witnessed first hand how active an involed the principal was in the daily operations of the school! I was impressed and I hope that I get the opportunity to work at that school as a teacher myself! I don't know what kind experience provoked that parent to say such things about this administration but I assure you this is NOT what Huey School is about! I hope whatever issues that parent had were resolved and I wish the best for each and every lil shining star attending Huey Elementary!

Huey Samuel B School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
This is one of the worst run schools I have ever seen. The principal and assistant principal are anything but positive role models. They do not understand what true education is. Their focus is only on the middle school which leaves the majority of the grades, to put it nicely, unsupported. The administration does not support the staff in any sort of way. The principal has a closed door policy and refuses to help any teacher with problems that arise in the classroom. Parent involvement is discouraged strongly. The schedule is made to maximum student failure and no one is willing to change it. i would, under no circumstances, send my children to this school or any school this principal is in charge of.

Posted October 16, 2009
The teachers and counselor are very caring and take time to listen to parents.

Huey Samuel B School
5200 Pine St, Philadelphia, PA  19143
Last modified Huey Samuel B School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huey Samuel B School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top