Bad
Good

Girls High School 1

Posted October 07, 2015
The algebra teachers don't teach the class very good since we have to learn with the whole class and they always pick the people that finish first not the kids that are mentally challenged and take a longer time. They also don't give us enough time to do the problems since she's always talking and expect us to listen to her.

Posted May 28, 2015
Girls high is a great school. The courses were great especially Macroeconomics and they prepare you for college. Going to Girls High made the transition to college very smooth.

Posted November 17, 2013
I am a graduate of 241& very proud ! This school has taught me so much. The teachers supportive in everyway possible. My education I received was top notch. I am so happy that I made the decision to attend ghs during the application process in eighth grade. Not to mention I made so many new friends. That have became some of my closest friends today. Girls high was nothing but the best high school experience. I do remember the three buses that I had to take me to and from school daily but well worth the travel.

Posted October 26, 2013
Girls' High is a wonderful place. So far I'm a sophomore and I love it! The school is very diverse; in all my classes I have people of cultures that are different from mine. From that I've learned so much! There are so many different clubs to choose from too! Sometimes I stress a little just trying to choose. And the are on point. All my teachers push the students to step out of their comfort zone and challenge us to try something new and to be our best. It's a bit wired but my friends and I compete with one another for better grades. Great choice for a school.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school continues to seek out the best Philadelphia has to offer from the female student!!! All students are expected to reach higher and exceed expectation. here is little, if any, room to slack off. The staff is supportive of each student's needs, yet is not willng to seek a compromise on things expected.

Posted March 17, 2013
Girls High is still a great institution for young women who plan to go to college post high school. Yes it has had some episodes of violence,but the administration handled it very diplomatically and followed proper procedures. The school is 65% African American 15% Latina,15% Asian and 5% and for an inner city public magnet school, I would say based on the population of the city this is quite diverse. Why do people feel that having a high percentage of African American young people striving for success is such a bad thing? Karen S. Dawson-Haines Concerned and Proactive Parent

Girls High School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
Girls High has going down dramatically, they now accept any and everyone. The violence is out of control. most of the kids are black, so it is not diverse. and a lot of the teachers stoop down to the kids level, and are unorganized.

Girls High School 1

Posted October 08, 2012
If anyone wants to come to this school please don't it is not as good as it sounds the teachers teach way too fast and then they give you tests the very next day and if you fail that test your grades go down in Spanish class I got an F and I already know Spanish they do nothing but mess your good records up and also the school is not as diverse because they are all mostly African american. Anyway please don't come here I wish I've never came here.

Posted July 12, 2012
Girls High has given me such pride and joy:) I love the sisterhood and also the challange that Girls High has given me:) I have had the opportunity to be taught by wonderful and highly experienced teachers, including the awesome art teacher:) It has been a pleasure being his student:) From him I learned discipline, hard work, determination, and accepting strict crisicism:) I would like to say thanks to all of my girls high sisters and teachers for making the four years of high school a blast for me:) I will always be a girls high girl and will definently visit for many of the fun events that Girls High provide, such as Songs of the Season, Country Fair, Career Day, Contest, and Move Up Day:)

Posted July 12, 2012
Choosing Girls' High was the first major life decision I ever made. I have yet to make a better one. There are so many different programs, for whatever your interest may be. Your success is only limited by your desire; when you graduate, you will be well-prepared to further your education. I would recommend this school to any young lady who aspires to lead.

Girls High School
1400 West Olney Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19141
Last modified Girls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.