PK, 9-12
Philadelphia, PA

Posted November 17, 2013
I am a graduate of 241& very proud ! This school has taught me so much. The teachers supportive in everyway possible. My education I received was top notch. I am so happy that I made the decision to attend ghs during the application process in eighth grade. Not to mention I made so many new friends. That have became some of my closest friends today. Girls high was nothing but the best high school experience. I do remember the three buses that I had to take me to and from school daily but well worth the travel.

Posted October 26, 2013
Girls' High is a wonderful place. So far I'm a sophomore and I love it! The school is very diverse; in all my classes I have people of cultures that are different from mine. From that I've learned so much! There are so many different clubs to choose from too! Sometimes I stress a little just trying to choose. And the are on point. All my teachers push the students to step out of their comfort zone and challenge us to try something new and to be our best. It's a bit wired but my friends and I compete with one another for better grades. Great choice for a school.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school continues to seek out the best Philadelphia has to offer from the female student!!! All students are expected to reach higher and exceed expectation. here is little, if any, room to slack off. The staff is supportive of each student's needs, yet is not willng to seek a compromise on things expected.

Posted March 17, 2013
Girls High is still a great institution for young women who plan to go to college post high school. Yes it has had some episodes of violence,but the administration handled it very diplomatically and followed proper procedures. The school is 65% African American 15% Latina,15% Asian and 5% and for an inner city public magnet school, I would say based on the population of the city this is quite diverse. Why do people feel that having a high percentage of African American young people striving for success is such a bad thing? Karen S. Dawson-Haines Concerned and Proactive Parent

Girls High School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
Girls High has going down dramatically, they now accept any and everyone. The violence is out of control. most of the kids are black, so it is not diverse. and a lot of the teachers stoop down to the kids level, and are unorganized.

Girls High School 1

Posted October 08, 2012
If anyone wants to come to this school please don't it is not as good as it sounds the teachers teach way too fast and then they give you tests the very next day and if you fail that test your grades go down in Spanish class I got an F and I already know Spanish they do nothing but mess your good records up and also the school is not as diverse because they are all mostly African american. Anyway please don't come here I wish I've never came here.

Posted July 12, 2012
Girls High has given me such pride and joy:) I love the sisterhood and also the challange that Girls High has given me:) I have had the opportunity to be taught by wonderful and highly experienced teachers, including the awesome art teacher:) It has been a pleasure being his student:) From him I learned discipline, hard work, determination, and accepting strict crisicism:) I would like to say thanks to all of my girls high sisters and teachers for making the four years of high school a blast for me:) I will always be a girls high girl and will definently visit for many of the fun events that Girls High provide, such as Songs of the Season, Country Fair, Career Day, Contest, and Move Up Day:)

Posted July 12, 2012
Choosing Girls' High was the first major life decision I ever made. I have yet to make a better one. There are so many different programs, for whatever your interest may be. Your success is only limited by your desire; when you graduate, you will be well-prepared to further your education. I would recommend this school to any young lady who aspires to lead.

Posted August 10, 2011
Girls High is a great school becasue it is a college prep school. Don't go if you aren't prepared to work. Someone complained about test and quizes being 70% of your grade. If you do your work and study then you will pass. This concept really prepares you for college because that is how college works (the purpose of this school). In college it can be worse than 70%. Some times you only have 3 test and that average plus attendance is your grade. I personally challenged myself and took AP classes. Not only did I take harder classes but I also played multiple instruments and a sport in every season and graduated with a 3.97 GPA. You just have to actually do your work. This isn't a school where u can just ease through. On top of preparing you for college it has many tradtions and activities that other schools do not have. This allows Girls High to be a wonderful and memorable experience. Almost every woman in my family has graduated from Girls High and I plan on passing on this tradition to my own kids one day. - a graduate of GHS

Posted June 23, 2011
Going Girls high was the greatest experience of my life...coming from a low income African American community I was amazed at all the different races and cultures I was introduced to...the school gave me a great education as well as a place to call home...the teachers were amazing and the girls were as well....anyone lucky enough to be accepted should be grateful!!

Girls High School
1400 West Olney Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19141
Last modified Girls High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Girls High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top