Lincoln High School

Public | PK, 9-12 | 1858 students

Posted February 24, 2006

We had reluctantly put our 15 year old in Lincoln. He does not have any homework and tells us that he does not learn anything. He finishes his work in 10mins and gets in trouble for taking a nap. The only thing that keeps him challenged is the music program. I do have to say that the administrative staff have been very supportive of our child's situation.

Posted January 10, 2006

Our 9th grade son graduated from a Catholic middle school, and we purposfully lowered our expectations for public school. The change is too drastic. Everyone agrees that teachers spend more time disiplining than teaching students. Instead of learning, it seems our son is unlearning his basic skills and work habits. Fortuntately, our son adapts well soicially and has found a comfort zone where he was initially aprehension. He received student of the month recognition for ROTC training but failed Algebra. Quodos to ROTC for giving our son something to be passionate about however he is fomerly a B student. We are desperately seeking alternatives because we feel we are doing our son a great injustice by allowing him to continue his high school education at Lincoln.

Posted September 13, 2005

My son graduated from this school this past June, 2005. I have to say that out of all of his teachers in the past 4 years, there was only one who seemed to truly care about my son and his future. All I have to say is that I am glad that he out of there.

Posted June 13, 2005

I don't feel the parents are involved enough and it is discouraging for the students and teachers. Poor attendance also affects morale and education. Major discipline problems.

Posted February 6, 2005

I am a student at Lincoln, and I think this school is okay. Most of the things have changed after what happened to our school. We have a new principal which is for temporary only. What the news/media said about our school was not all accurate. People blamed everything on the principal that had left in october but he was already planning to leave Lincoln before the fight happened. Even though, the school is crowded, have many fights doesn't mean the school is really bad. All these things happened because some students doesn't want to learn and want to mess around. We have nice teacher and many academies to choose from. Think about it if you want to go to this school or not. This school is not safe at all but is trying to change.

Posted October 25, 2004

My oldest daughter currently attends Lincoln, she is a Senior. I have already taken my other 3 daughters out of Phila, my oldest did not want to start a new school in her last year. If you have watched the news or read the papers last week (10/18/04) you will see that Lincoln is a very dangerous school for our kids. It has made the persistantly dangerous school list yet again this year. My daughter has witnessed too many fights at Lincoln. She now has changed her mind about wanting to stay. My daughter was in the lunch room 10/15/04 when the riot took place, she is transfering the end of this semester. Paul Valas needs to open his eyes in order to see the danger our kids face every day at this school. Then he needs to implement the 'so called' Zero tolerance policy!

Posted October 15, 2004

My son currently attends Lincoln High School he is in the 9th grade. The school is terribly overcroweded and is listed as Persitantly Dangerous. Anyone who has watched todays news, 10/15/04, can see that the school needs to take more measures to protect the students who are there to learn and eliminate those who are there to cause trouble.The lunchroom should be a safe place, unfortunately there are fewer and fewer safe places for children in the School District of Philadelphia. The District needs to apply it's so zero tolerance policy, apparently the School District tolerates just about anything.

Posted July 21, 2004

I am a student at Lincoln, and I think that it is an ok school. We have good class and nice teachers. But it is too crowded. There are too many kids in the school and that causes problems in the hallways and in the classrooms. There is also too much smoking and too many kids not going to class.

Posted April 30, 2004

I went to Lincoln 10 years ago and it was a very diverse and exceptional school. I grew up in WestPhilly and my mother wanted me to get out the neighborhood and explore my options so she chose Lincoln. I've made honor roll at Lincoln several times and have accomplished so much since I've graduated in 1994.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 20, 2004

Abraham Lincoln High School have a lot of special programs and Academies. You should check out the website for this school which is: http://www.lincolnhs.phila.k12.pa.us/

Posted August 26, 2003

Lincoln Highschool is terrible! I graduated from there two years ago, but have always regretted even going to that school. I never fully realized my full potential at Lincoln. The hallways are dirty, there is grafitti all over the place, the students in the halls are loud and profane, and too many of them smoke in the bathrooms. Don't go to this school. If you do, it'll be a mistake you will regret for the rest of your life.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 10, 2003

I really think that Lincoln Highschool is a great school for our teens. They have friendly teachers and staff. The school has so many great oppurtunites such as enrolling to get a scholarship. It has ROTC. A special program that teaches responsibility for future cadets. It also builds self-esteem. If you have a teen that is looking for a high school, Lincoln is the one to pick.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

379 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

378 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

240 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

251 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White43%
Economically disadvantaged46%
Students with disabilities (IEP)16%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3201 Ryan Ave