PK, 9-12
Philadelphia, PA

Lincoln High School 5

Posted May 10, 2014
Newly built school with improved safety procedures makes for a more studious atmosphere in a well manicured Green neighborhood friendly caring staff and students

Lincoln High School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
My daughter is a senior this year and has been in the health technologies major since 10th grade, as she plans on becoming a RN. That program has been very helpful to my daughter, she comes home and tells me everything she is learning, the bones in the body, how to take vital signs, they even have had trips to different hospitals in the Philadelphia area who are partnered in the health technologies program. My daughter has never complained about anything negative, and they even helped her with college recommendation letters. The principle also updates parents via recorded message on telephone about anything going on at the school. My daughter will graduate this year an honor student with a scholarship for college, Thank you Lincoln!

Posted October 01, 2013
Horrible school , students walking the halls cursing in general and at staff including the school police, there's no respect at all my kids just started because we moved in the area, but I will be taking them out and they have only been there one day. While sitting in the office waiting for them to start a student asked one of the staff if they wanted to see his privite part WOW and they just let him keep walking away smh

Posted September 02, 2013
Horrible school, has no discipline whatsoever. Students act like hoodlums both in school and in the community

Lincoln High School 3

Posted August 29, 2013
I attended Lincoln High School just over ten years ago and after reading the reviews I suspect things have not changed much. Philadelphia public schools are certainly not the best in the country but I think this has everything to do with parents, not the teachers or the schools. A somewhat constant theme among these reviews is that school is what you make of it, I think this is absolutely the case in the Philadelphia school system. Education starts at home, well before high school, relying on teachers to discipline, educated and foster your child's growth is an exercise in futility. I have been to public schools in Virginia, Texas, Montana, and North Carolina and they all seem to be better than the schools in Philly. The teaches are all the same and come from the same universities as the teachers in Philadelphia, so why the difference? The difference is that parents who do not rely on the schools to raise their children get more out of the system than those who think otherwise. Just read the reviews by the parents on here, half of them can't even spell!

Lincoln High School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
My stepson attends Lincoln and it is one of the worst in the city. Some kids (such as my stepson) cut classes on a regular basis, skip entire days, act up in class, don't do their assignments, and the school does NOTHING unless the parent raises h$&* up there, and THEN they may actually dole out a mediocre consequence. Their main excuse is that the school is "just too big." It's more like the people in charge simply do not care. It's a shame because it was remodeled and looks nice, but the "powers that be" should be replaced with people who truly care and have excellent organizational skills. Kids love it though, b/c they can do whatever they want and not get penalized for their actions. Parents (the ones who care, anyway), do not love it so much. DO NOT send your child here, if you can help it.

Lincoln High School 4

Posted January 06, 2011
I am a ninth grader at Abraham Lincoln High School and I think it's pretty great. I established my first club here, too! The only problem is that I have honors classes but they're the same thing as middle school classes. If they bring in better teachers, this school will be the best in the community!

Lincoln High School 2

Posted February 28, 2010
Lincoln High School, needs more administrative leadership. It's seems many times, when I am at the school, for or with my child, that one of the vice principals are more in control than the principal. My son's counselor miss bryd is good. Some of his teachers don't even issue homework. Some guy that also helps kids out. He is always running around but i don' t know his job, thumbs up Mr. Kade.

Posted February 26, 2010
This school is awful. The teachers do nothing but either sit in the class doing there own thing or spend the whole time trying to get the class settled down. There is no control over the students. No respect on either side. I learned nothing in my 4 years at this school. It also seems to be getting more violent over the years.

Lincoln High School 5

Posted December 09, 2009

Lincoln High School
3201 Ryan Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top