Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,015

Posted July 21, 2011
I love this school i learned alot there even tho i had some hardships there to but i did what i had to do and i was on my way class of 2006

Posted June 21, 2011
this is a great great school since the beggining , i love this school so much i hope everybody woud put 5 stars like i did , good luck guys

Posted April 14, 2010
I went to Bartram and I believe it did not prepare me for college. The only good thing going for the school is the ROTC program and the 1 AP course.

Bartram John - Main 3

Posted December 06, 2009
I must say that I was also hesitant about sending my son to John Bartram, however I am quite surprised with the progress that my son has made. The teachers are great and principal Mcallister is wonderful. If more parents were involved in their childs education, then John Bartram would eventually become one of the greatest schools in the city. Parents...get involved!

Bartram John - Main 2

Posted November 23, 2009
The problem lies not within this school's principal/administration nor on its teachers (the overwhelming majority of whom are very excellent teachers). The problems with this school stem from the less-than-ideal nature of the surrounding neighborhood and the startling lack of parental involvement.

Posted October 20, 2009
I am a parent who at some point and time had at least three daughters who attended John Bartram High School. One ended up at the Business School and the other at Kesingnton CAPA and both graduated. Leaving one daughter who stills attend the main building. Further, I can definitely say I have seen the high school grow from those past years. I was very skeptical about sending any of my children to this school but I ended up being satisfy in their educational system to prepare our children for the future. My daughter is currently in the 11th Grade and one of her academic classes is AP Literature. This class and others that she has will assist her when she is ready to attend college in two years. Lastly, I will like to thank the staff, security and the principle for all that they do for our children.

Bartram John - Main 3

Posted August 13, 2006
This scool can do better. The principal is great but she needs to find better teachers.

Bartram John - Main 2

Posted August 02, 2006
School is what the parents make of it! I graduated from Bartram 17 years ago and it was a great experience for me. It was high school, you learn as much as kids with other things on their minds can. The city is a crazy place to live. That is why parents should be held a little bit more responsible than teachers. By the way when it came down to sports I had a blast. Yes, the facilities where horrible. But I made the most of my years at Bartram. I do agree things could be better.

Posted March 30, 2005
Bartram is a school that is improving greatly now that we have an great and dedicated principal. people misjudge are principal and overlook all the wonderful things she has and still doing to improve are school. I am a parent of a student at Bartram and i'm glad that Ms.Mclister is the principal.

Bartram John - Main 1

Posted September 16, 2004
They need to shutdown Bartram high school. Anyone can get in or out. The teachers and staff really don't care about the students. My son got jump and no one did anything about this matter. Please be advised where you send your child

67th and Elmwood St, Philadelphia, PA  19142
Last modified Bartram John - Main is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bartram John - Main Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top