Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I have been teaching in Philadelphia for 19 years, and Northeast is my third school; I couldn't be happier with my experience in the Magnet school. The dedication of the teachers that I work with and the community of learners I teach make it a joy to come to work each day. I am consistently amazed at the level of intellectual curiosity and dedication to academics and extracurricular activities displayed by our students. I am proud to call Northeast Magnet my second home and honored to be a part of a program that provides so many opportunities for students. I couldn't imagine teaching anywhere else and feeling so satisfied and fulfilled. Everything from the diversity to the feeling of community makes Northeast a truly great school.

Hi my name is Peter I am currently a sophomore in the Magnet program at Northeast High school. I feel that the Magnet program as well as the International Baccalaureate program is structured for me and my peers to be challenged while ensuring our success. After only being in the Magnet program for two years my teachers and guidance counselors have helped me a lot along the way. I have teachers motivating me to join clubs, after school programs, and internships. They encourage me constantly to work hard and be the best student I can be. From various sports, clubs, and annual school activities like multicultural day and the talent show it’s hard not to get involved. For I know when the next two years come and its time for me to step on stage to receive my diploma, I can feel confident and grounded moving in to the next chapter of my life. As my sophomore year comes to an end and my junior year approaches I feel confident moving up the ladder of my high school years and excited for college as well as my future. In closing, the past two years at Northeast high school have brought me many opportunities; as well as lifelong friends.

Every school has it's pros and cons, but the upside to Northeast greatly outweighs any minor flaws. I am teacher at Northeast, specifically in it's IB program, which offers students the chance to take the same exact courses with identical curriculums as other IB students from around the world. The IB program also provides the students the opportunity to view their academics in a holistic way so that they understand not just what they are learning, but also why it is important to learn about any specific topic covered throughout its set of courses. When the students graduate from the IB program, they are ready to pursue and succeed in higher education. Every year dozens of students return to the the Magnet and IB program on their breaks from college, and most of the time they are pleased to report (and we are happy to hear) that their education at NEHS has throughly prepared them for their college courses. Throughout the entire school you will find teachers that are dedicated their students and to the profession of education, and students who are ready and willing to learn. Out of the several schools that I have worked in, Northeast is by far the best, thanks to its administrators, teachers and students.

-Former student Northeast High school pushes students to thrive for their best. With the school's Magnet, IB and the AP courses offered, students are continually challenged and stimulated to expand their knowledge. Every school has their pros and cons. Northeast not only was a place where I gained the knowledge to graduate but it was a place that prepared me for college. Many Northeast students have found themselves to attend IVY league colleges to well known universities. The teachers at Northeast are viewed as role models in not only teaching core lessons but instilling life lessons. Any student choosing to attend Northeast High School is guaranteed a rewarding four years of academic success and will be offered various opportunities centered on extracurricular activities, sports and experiences on volunteering.

Northeast High is a great school. Its Magnet AP and IB programs are - diamonds in the rough. Given the School District's finances, it is remarkable that this school has continued to improve. The athletic programs are some of the best in the district, and this is due in large part, to steady leadership and a strong sense of community among administration, teachers, and parents. As a parent of e senior student, I can only imagine what the administration, teachers and the students would be able to achieve with adequate funding. D.N.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

This school has a steady leadership and a strong sense of community among administration, teachers, parents and students.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The majority of the teachers are very dedicated professional. They are friendly, knowledgeable and ready to help their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

As a parent, I think that teachers at Northeast High assign a manageable amount of homework which aligns with the curriculum.

I'm a freshman at NEHS and I just started to today and hated it. The students are very disrespectful to their fellow classmates and teachers, they were cursing, and talking back to teachers. And when it comes to information, the school is very vague. For example they never told me how to get my lunch, and the vending machines only accept $1 bills and I ended up not eating PR drinking anything. They made me wait a half hour outside just to get through a scanner to start the day and I was very late. Please parents if you have a choice, DO NOT send your child yo Northeast High School.

Its horrible. The worst experience of my life so glad I graduated. Everyday I was scared but that's my opinion. For the most part I did enjoy days, okay. The teachers helped me excel higher ad well. I still don't suggest wasting time though.

Last modified Northeast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.