Bad
Good

My Son goes to this school and it is the best as their primary focus is on only studies. They give more homework and create a competitive environment and that is the success of my Kid. The school is located in very posh area of Pine Valley of Philadelphia City. Because of its academic goals, it's the best Elementary - Middle school in Philadelphia.

My son learns a lot, they have a lot of great assignments, teachers are accessible and it's extremely safe. I could go on and on.

I have two children at Greenberg -- a 5th grader and a 3rd grader. I can honestly say - that while I still have issues about snack sales at lunch and the lack of free-play recess during the day - my children are strong students and have had really wonderful teachers during their time at Greeneberg. There is definitely a committment to the arts and arts educaton. The music and art teachers are fantastic. The parent coordinator is a real gem. Parent volunteerism has increased and parents can be involved, but you have to create or seek out the opportunities and get involved. It would be nice if Home and School meetings had better attendance and if there were more volunteers at HSA events. But, most importantly, my kids really like going to school and that's the real measure. Greenberg is a safe and nurturing school, and I recommend it very highly.

This is an amazing school and it is primarily children that come from parents who are professionals. And that is what makes a difference at Greenberg. It has a majority career oriented and educated parents so they understand the importance of education for their children. Greenberg is a wonderful school in a Pine Valley neighborhood. There is a real sense of community at this school, which has very high academic achievment, ranking it at the top of Philadelphia elementary and middle schools. I attended this school in its early days and am proud to have my son attend now. My son started attending kindergarten this year and thus far my wife and I have been very impressed by the teachers and the exceptional parent involvement and support for the school.

Joseph Greenberg is an excellent school and it is a great feeder to the magnet High Schools e.g. Central, Masterman, etc. The teachers seem very caring and involved in teaching the students. I feel any child that goes to this school will get a quality education, as well as a diverse exposure to many different ethnic backgrounds. Every time I have tried to communicate with the teachers they have been receptive to my comments and welcome my involvement. My son graduated from Greenberg and Masterman, and got accepted to Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Joseph Greenberg was a great MS to help him get accepted. My eldest daughter is currently in 5th grade, and she loves the school. I highly recommend this school and plan to send my youngest daughter here.

I'm a proud parent of three children who attend Greenberg! What a great, positive experience my children are having at such a wonderful educational institution - they love the school. The administration and staff make this school an academic paradise. This school is very academic oriented and encourage my children to be their absolute best. Great teachers (bad ones don't last long) and high standards. Middle School is academically excellent.

This school is unlike your regular public school. My son, who attends Greenberg, is currently in first grade, and barely made it out of kindergarten. He is so stressed out by the work load of homework they give him, and the frequent testing that is almost everyday. I feel as though I am homeschooling my child, because It takes us 3 hours a day to do his homework, which is about 6-7 pages a day. Not your average homework for a first grader.

Excellent school for children in the gifted program. In fact, it's the all-day gifted program that gives this school it's high test scores. A decent school for non-gifted/average children, however, this is one of the worst schools for your child to attend if he/she has any type of learning disability, even a mild learning disability, or even just struggles in a subject area.

Greenberg has really helped my daughter achieve academically and improve her social skills. This is her 3rd year here and we have no complains. The teachers have been great! Unfortunately, it did not go well with my son .he has ADHD and Greenberg does not have the resources to help him, so we had to send him to a different school that did. It s a shame he can t attend his home school. We are really sad about that.

This school is great for helping your child reach their academic goals. The children receive various awards for all of their accomplishments and improvements. This school has a great computer and science programs, and great free after school club programs. Their is about 50% of parent involvement in this school which I believe contributes to a safe environment. There is room for improvement in the library,music, and art programs. Overall this is a wonderful school. I give thanks to all the teachers and staff for their continued efforts of excellence with the students of Greenberg.

Last modified Greenberg Joseph School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.