Philadelphia, PA
After care: No

The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
This school is wonderful, it is filled with wonderful teachers and staff.The Principal is o.k., he lacks people skills. He is not very friendly with the parent's & speaks to us like we are one of the student's, for this reason they do not have alot of voluteer's in the building which they need since the budget cut's. The teacher's have been really trying their best to impliment the Common Core which was just put into place in Spetember. It has ben really tought for everyone teachers, student's and parent's.I think this is a wonderful public school for our children and I am lucky to have my children here.

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter's school is John Hancock Demonstration School in NE Philly. This is the one of the best schools in Philly, which is surprising in the Phila Public School District. Mr. Griffin, the Principal, is awesome, hand-on and so caring of all the kids that attend.

The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
I have two children in the school. The oldest is in 4th grade. This is likely the best public elementary school in the city, with a principal who has navigated the draconian budget cuts better than other schools. I'd give it 5 stars if they had adequate money and staff. I hope they do again in the future.

Posted October 22, 2013
Outstanding program.... great faculty and students are very goal oriented. I have two daughters there and they love it. John Hancock staff is AWESOME!!!

Posted October 21, 2013
John Hancock demonstration school fulfilled all my expectations of a great school. The teachers and staff are wonderful, even with all the budget cuts they're making things happen. The principal is one that you would hope for in every school! I couldn't be happier.

Posted October 20, 2013
The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School has the best teachers and students in Philadelphia! I have always known my children's education and safety are in the very best hands.

Posted October 19, 2013
John Hancock is definitely one of the better schools in the area. My daughter is in the fourth grade and has attended Hancock since Kindergarten, enjoys going to school everyday and loves her teachers. The teachers are always available when my wife and I have questions or concerns. I am also a John Hancock alumni from way back and still have fond memories of the school and my teachers.

Posted October 19, 2013
This is my child's 2 cd year at Hancock and I must say that I was a little "iffy" about sending my child to a philadelphia public school to start with, because you hear so many bad things and the school district i'snt the best ,BUT.. I am so happy and grateful that we live in this area where my son gets to attend John Hancock. I have heard so so many good things about the school and it was one of the best public school we have. The teachers, staff and principal are fabulous, they really care about the children's learning experience and morals. Safety is a big concern especially after Sandy Hook, Mr. Griffin the principal really does his absolute best to make drills mandatory and really boosted it up to keep our children safe. We all as parents,teachers and staff really work as a team for all the children as if everyone was our own. We stand up and work together to help in anyway we can. My child now is 1st grade is becoming more independent and getting into a routine of doing things on his own, and I think its great that they start them young. No negative complaints about this school because they really are doing a great job!

Posted October 18, 2013
Im so happy with Hancock. It is the best school. The teachers are awesome and really care about their students. Mr Griffin has done so many wonderful things for the school

Posted October 18, 2013
I love John Hancock! I have a 1st and 3rd grader and I cannot say enough about the teachers at this school. They are wonderful, caring teachers. They do their best with the resources they have. I wish they had smart boards in every class and I Pads. I like how they say the pledge, affirmation, school song in the school yard as well as inform us about current events.

The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School
3700 Morrell Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19114
Last modified The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The John Hancock Demonstration Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top