Philadelphia, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 05, 2014
I love cook. My child does well and Im proud. They offer a lot of extra classes other schools don't. And I feel like the teachers care.

Posted February 17, 2013
Cook Wissahickon is a wonderful school to teach at. The parents are very involved and want the best for their children. The staff & parents strive to bring the best programs possible to enrich the students academically and emotionally.

Posted February 14, 2013
This is one of the greatest schools in the district! They meet AYP every year! They have teachers that actually care and have a very strong interest in the children's success here. They have been lead by a principal who has taken on many challenges since she has been here and has seemed to overcome them all! In the light of recent events (that have unfortunately happened), she is driven to find more ways to keep children and staff in our school more secure! My children are challenged academically here and have a strong support system to help them achieve those goals. I would not send them to any other school in the neighborhood. The home and school is very active here and helps maintain that positive enviroment for the kids. The parents are active in volunteering and fundraising. I feel very blessed as a parent to have my family be part of such a caring school!

Posted February 11, 2013
Cook Wissahickon is a true gem!!!! I love the school, teachers, and principal!!! This school places a high value on education, and the student expectations are high.

Posted February 11, 2013
As the proud principal of Cook-Wissahickon School since 2010, I have been able to work with an amazing group of parents, teachers, support staff, and students. The success of our school is 100 percent dependent on the communication and shared vision among all of our stakeholders. Our monthly School Advisory Council includes not only parents and teachers but community members who help us guide our decision making to improve the lives of our children and the neighborhoods in which they live.

Posted February 08, 2013
I am a parent with two kids in this school. It is a wonderful neighborhood elementary school, with great teachers, leadership, and parent involvement. We have a strong, well-rounded curriculum with science/social studies included every day, a vibrant arts and music program, and a focus on environmentalism and sustainability in the curriculum, extra-currics, and landscaping. High academic achievement, inclusive and diverse. We love this school.

Posted February 08, 2013
This is a super school in a quaint neighborhood. The teachers are constantly striving to teach all children , no matter the differences in abilities. Everyone that visits Cook Wissahickon feels welcome. It is an extremely safe building where children love coming to school.

Cook-Wissahickon School 4

Posted February 13, 2010

Cook-Wissahickon School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
I love Cook wissahickon School because we have the coolest staff and we have fun and work well together and the students are the best you could ask for.

Cook-Wissahickon School 0

Posted October 19, 2009
My daughter is only in kindergarten, but I love how they keep those kids on there toes and how she is learning.

Cook-Wissahickon School
201 East Salaignac St, Philadelphia, PA  19128
Last modified Cook-Wissahickon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cook-Wissahickon School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top