Philadelphia, PA

Posted February 04, 2015
I spend a lot of time in Adaire on behalf of Friends of Adaire, working with Principal Jenkins, parents & teachers. I'm thankful for the time I spend there, and the warm interactions I have with the Adaire community; those important moments and exchanges have given me perspective, and made me realize that the media paints a very black and white narrative of our schools. But it's not the reality I experience inside Adaire. Instead, on any weekday you'll see kids in after-school activities (Spanish is being discussed); you'll walk by a sea of colorful artwork donning every inch of the walls; you'll speak with dedicated teachers who have spent years perfecting their craft; you'll talk with parents who love the school, many who attended themselves; and you'll meet Principal Jenkins, one of the most inspiring leaders I've met. She's done truly amazing things in her short tenure, which makes me excited & hopeful, especially with a large schoolyard revitalization project underway. If you have any interest in Adaire, tour the school, meet with the Principal & connect with Friends of Adaire: www.friendsofadaire.org Those are good first steps to see if Adaire is the right school for you.

Adaire Alexander School 4

Posted October 22, 2014
My son started kindergarten this year and I'm quite happy with his teacher and the school in general. The new principal is making big positive changes and it feels like a school on the rise! She is a very effective leader and will no doubt improve the academics and school performance in the coming months and years.

Posted September 13, 2014
The new principal runs a tight ship. She started a new program at lunch where students now play games after eating. It's made a big difference. Things are more organized, and there seems like more school spirit. The teachers have always been great, and there's very little turnover.

Posted September 06, 2014
Adaire recently hired a new Principal, and she is fantastic! We are so lucky our school now has such a seasoned leader, and she's already made some great changes! Dr. Long is also an amazing teacher, and I love that the PhD educator chose to teach in the public school system instead of a university. Kudos for her commitment to public education!

Adaire Alexander School 1

Posted March 07, 2014
I graduated from this school recently with an IEP for mentally gifted classes. the work i was being given in my M.G. class (if you could even call it that) was more like busy work than anything. The homework/classwork in no way prepared me for high school, and it seemed that the only goal was to make AYP. I hope that Adaire will realize the error in its ways and understand that they're not the perfect school that they brag about being, they need to buckle the students down and strive to not only make AYP but to do better. Because i am a bright student and the transition to high school was hard for me, i can only imagine what it's like for kids that struggle.

Posted February 07, 2014
I dont understand the bad review, my son has an I.E.P. and is welcomed in this school with open arms, and for the bullying issues, i do not see this happening, my son was bullied at his previous school which had given him social anxiety, could not get my child even to have lunch in the lunch room with other children. since my son started at Adair, he is happier, healthier, and for the first time loves to go to school...He actually feels safe!! I could not ask for a better learning environment for my son...Mrs. Oddo is so involved with the children, and they are all in her best interest all the time. The secretary,. nurse, special ed teacher, school psychiatrist, lunch staff,Home and School. I mean everyone.,every staff member at at Adair, are compassionate and understanding. I have grown children as well, and have been in the school system a very long time, and have not been involved with a school with such high standards..My son comes home feeling more confident and prouder every day in himself....Thank you Adaire

Posted February 07, 2014

Adaire Alexander School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL ESPECIALLY THE PRINCIPAL MRS ODDO.SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL OR RUN THE SCHOOL.THERE ARE MANY ISSUES OF BULLYING AND GOD FORBID IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN I.E.P FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION THEY ARE NOT WELCOMED AT ALL.

Posted April 16, 2013
Adaire is a wonderful school ! the teachers and staff are great and want nothing but the best for our children and as of last night we will have a new home and school board and they are all nice people who I think will do positive things for our kids I do think more parents should step up and help out but yhis is the best school ever

Adaire Alexander School 3

Posted March 25, 2013
I went to Adaire when I was in grade school and graduated in 2001 I am just trying to find the best school for my son and I am afraid that a lot of things have changed since I've been there. If Anyone has children that go there now I would really appreciate some feedback from thre school I am a little scared because he is starting kindergarten and I just don't know where else to send him. thank you!

Adaire Alexander School
1300 East Palmer St, Philadelphia, PA  19125
Last modified Adaire Alexander School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adaire Alexander School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top