Philadelphia, PA

Adaire Alexander School 4

Posted October 22, 2014
My son started kindergarten this year and I'm quite happy with his teacher and the school in general. The new principal is making big positive changes and it feels like a school on the rise! She is a very effective leader and will no doubt improve the academics and school performance in the coming months and years.

Posted September 13, 2014
The new principal runs a tight ship. She started a new program at lunch where students now play games after eating. It's made a big difference. Things are more organized, and there seems like more school spirit. The teachers have always been great, and there's very little turnover.

Posted September 06, 2014
Adaire recently hired a new Principal, and she is fantastic! We are so lucky our school now has such a seasoned leader, and she's already made some great changes! Dr. Long is also an amazing teacher, and I love that the PhD educator chose to teach in the public school system instead of a university. Kudos for her commitment to public education!

Adaire Alexander School 1

Posted March 07, 2014
I graduated from this school recently with an IEP for mentally gifted classes. the work i was being given in my M.G. class (if you could even call it that) was more like busy work than anything. The homework/classwork in no way prepared me for high school, and it seemed that the only goal was to make AYP. I hope that Adaire will realize the error in its ways and understand that they're not the perfect school that they brag about being, they need to buckle the students down and strive to not only make AYP but to do better. Because i am a bright student and the transition to high school was hard for me, i can only imagine what it's like for kids that struggle.

Posted February 07, 2014
I dont understand the bad review, my son has an I.E.P. and is welcomed in this school with open arms, and for the bullying issues, i do not see this happening, my son was bullied at his previous school which had given him social anxiety, could not get my child even to have lunch in the lunch room with other children. since my son started at Adair, he is happier, healthier, and for the first time loves to go to school...He actually feels safe!! I could not ask for a better learning environment for my son...Mrs. Oddo is so involved with the children, and they are all in her best interest all the time. The secretary,. nurse, special ed teacher, school psychiatrist, lunch staff,Home and School. I mean everyone.,every staff member at at Adair, are compassionate and understanding. I have grown children as well, and have been in the school system a very long time, and have not been involved with a school with such high standards..My son comes home feeling more confident and prouder every day in himself....Thank you Adaire

Adaire Alexander School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL ESPECIALLY THE PRINCIPAL MRS ODDO.SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL OR RUN THE SCHOOL.THERE ARE MANY ISSUES OF BULLYING AND GOD FORBID IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN I.E.P FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION THEY ARE NOT WELCOMED AT ALL.

Adaire Alexander School 3

Posted March 25, 2013
I went to Adaire when I was in grade school and graduated in 2001 I am just trying to find the best school for my son and I am afraid that a lot of things have changed since I've been there. If Anyone has children that go there now I would really appreciate some feedback from thre school I am a little scared because he is starting kindergarten and I just don't know where else to send him. thank you!

Posted April 24, 2012
i love adaire i had two sons in adaire one is still going there i love the teahers and the aides my kids both loved mr V HE IS A GREAT GYM TEACHER HE DOES SO MUCH WITH THE KIDS ITS GOING TO BE A SAD DAY WHEN HE LEAVES THE END OF THE YEAR

Adaire Alexander School 4

Posted August 11, 2011
If you don't like the school or have so much to say . Why don't you just take your child out . put them in another school. THe grass may be greener on the other side.

Posted August 10, 2011
I would love to know where you get your information. I guess since your a regular volunteer we will see you at every event this year? Perhaps you can man our new welcome desk, or help with one of the many events we have planned since it is always the same few who come out? I can tell you that many things are going to change this year.

Adaire Alexander School
1300 East Palmer St, Philadelphia, PA  19125
Last modified Adaire Alexander School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adaire Alexander School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top