Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My 5th grader began attending Conwell this year. I ride the El train daily commuting to and from work. The Mastery school children are so obnoxious and loud. It was a pleasure to have 4 Conwell young men ride the train and act appropriate, even when one of the Mastery students tried to intimidate one of them. He didn't respond and simply acted as if the boy wasn't speaking to him.  I am very proud!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The way all the staff members treats the students. Very professional and ethic the way that it have to be.

My son is on 5th grade and so far everything is great. I see the attention that the advisor have with the student. The principal Mrs. Green have been back and forth to the annex. In the office the secretary is very patience and with a smile. I'm not going to lie that I was worry at the beginning. But I think that is going to be a great year. It feel that is a complete different level for our kids learn how to evolve and develop more character. Love it

Develops character: Agree

i feel that my school is not as bad. there are other schools that are very worse then my school.

this school is okay some kid fought a teacher and the kid did not get in trouble

this is my school i dont think it is that bad. it has some nice kids and very smart teachers everyone is like a big learning family.

this school is just horrible. no one wants to learn. all they day is play around. its like a daycare

This school two years ago ,was a very excellent school. My daughter graduated with high honors. But after this school year is has been a complete total disaster. My son needed help with his school work. So I tried going plenty of times talking to the principle and teache. They never even bothered to give interest on helping my child, so he failed the school year. Not only my son, but majority of the grade it self.

My daughter is graduating from here 6/18/2014. She has learned a great deal from her teachers and fellow students. The comments I read in other reviews regarding some of the students' behavior I feel are unfounded. It is not the responsibility of the tteachers to raise our children. They are there to educate, not parent. I haven't had any issues with the staff. In fact, I feel they try to help the students further their education so they may become successful adults. Two of my siblings and I attended here and we loved it. I would definitely recommend this school.

Our experience with this school has been a nightmare. Back when we selected Conwell for our daughter, the distance wasn't really an issue because we believed that she was going to be getting a great experience going here. Boy were we wrong. My daughter is traveling an hour on public transportation by herself, not being challenged at all because the teachers have their hands full with children with disciplinary problems. And that is just the start of the issues that we have with this school. There is a problem with the children keeping their hands to themselves, not to mention how long the "Smack the butt 'game'" was allowed to happen after it was brought to the attention of the staff. I don't understand the 6 rating that this school has with GreatSchools. As the parent of a child who attends this school, that rating is way too high.

Last modified Conwell Russell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.