Philadelphia, PA

Posted March 16, 2013
I have taken my daughter out of this school. She will not be attending any public school at all. The reason being, the ignorance of the school board in regard to the US Constitution regarding the term "Separation of Church and State" This term is not in the Constitution! The First Amendment simply states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." It broke my heart when my little 6 year old daughter told me she was not allowed to say the name Jesus or put her hands in a praying form. I teach my daughter about morals and God and she was simply repeating what she was taught. She is then told, (this is a 6 year old remember) that she is not allowed to put her hands in a praying fashion and is not allowed to say the name Jesus. "Separation of church and state," as applied to education, means that a prayer at a graduation ceremony is unconstitutional. It also means that students may not pause for a moment of silence at the beginning of their school day. It means that a nativity scene may not be displayed on public property, etc This is the problem with our society today

Posted October 09, 2012
today there was an evacuation at the school because of a carbon monoxide leak at the school,and now my daughter has carbon monoxide poisoning,and 50 plus other students where sent to the emergency room s at surrounding hospitals.parents werent even notified that their children was rushed off to the hospital.they wouldnt even tell me why my daughter was in the hospital.we had to learn the news about what was going on at the school through other means.i realy used to to love that school.i used to go there,most of my family went there growing up!!but when it comes to childrens safety and the fact that NOBODY COULD GIVE ME ANY ANSWERS ANGERS AND SADENS ME AT THE SAME TIME.....a concernd parent!!!!!!

Posted February 01, 2011
Excellent School & Teachers. Ms.Darci will forever be embedded in our hearts. If only every Teacher could be like her, our children would be Excellent Studets with Promising Futures. The Secretary`s, well what can I say, Helpful and Awesome and making you feel Welcome.

Posted November 21, 2010
i love this school, i grew up there since kindergarden i miss it too much, i left to go to another school from jh brown to new foundations but i love jh brown my opinon go there! the staff is nice and the teachers are nice and stuff.. :)

Brown Joseph H School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
The faculty. Mrs. Darci McGuire is the best teacher ever. The secretaries are even better. Nothing is ever a problem. Mrs. Zenak the counselor is so very caring of the children. THey get a A+ from us! My son loves it there.5 stars.

Brown Joseph H School 0

Posted June 19, 2008
My daughter has just graduated from J H Brown Kindergarten and I am very hopeful I can move into a new district before September. There is no communication from the staff to the parents. My daughter had some behavioral problems and I was not made aware of them until I actually called the school about a problem she had with another student. The teacher was going to wait until the parent/teacher conferences to let me know about the problems she was having with my daughter. I am not blaming them for her behavior but I could have corrected the problems if I was notified about them. I had to have a meeting with the principle which was basically a waste of time because all she did was defend the staff. I think there needs to be something done about the staff at this school.

Posted September 27, 2007

Brown Joseph H School 3

Posted November 22, 2006

Posted October 30, 2006
I'm disappointed that they're not having a 7th & 8th grade-this is a wonderful school! The staff are organized, professional and close. The teachers are nurturing and inspiring, the curriculum is challenging. The majority of the students are well mannered and there appear to be few discipline issues here. Even the school building is bright and cheery inside (a rarity for Phila public schools!)And, great field trips. We are grateful for the nurturing and inspiration that the J.H.Brown School has added to our lives!

Posted September 19, 2005

Brown Joseph H School
3600 Stanwood St, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Last modified Brown Joseph H School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Joseph H School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top